New and need help

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

Linda63

New and need help

Postby Linda63 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:28 pm

I need help and would love to hear how you deal with this.

I was diagnosed with depression with in the past 3 years. It was not new to me as this has been on going for many years before that but never had an official diagnosis. But on June 19, 2009 my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer and my depression has gotten worse.

I have been on a few different medications and the last on is Prozac and also Zolpedem for sleeping. But the Neurologist wrote the script with a conflict of dosage. The pharmacy called the office and there was a new receptionist and they told the script was written right. But... script....Take one pill as needed with a 90 day supply with only 60 pills in the bottle. The problem is that I was taking them every night for the past year as prescribed by him!

When I called the Neurologist office they said that maybe the insurance company only allowed the 60 pills. Uhh..No they said that they approved 90 pills. So needless to say I got aggravated and and stopped taking all medications. The sleeping pills because I only had a limited amount now and paying for it dearly!!! I no longer am sleeping and finally fall asleep around 3- 5 am and back up at 6 am for the day. I can't keep doing this!!!

I tried taking over the counter sleep aids but does not seem to help, but if I take Benadryl it puts me to sleep. The reason why I am taking the Benadryl is from self harm. People tell me to stop it but I sometimes do not know that I am doing this. Alot of time I am doing it when sleeping.

HELP!!!!

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi Linda. Nice to meet you. Have you thought about going back on your meds? Are you seeing a psych as well?

I don't know if you tried it, but my son takes melatonin over the counter to help him sleep. But you should always ask a doctor before even taking something like that over the counter.

A psych or a therapist might have ways to help you so that you can be more aware of what you are doing, or so that you can safeguard against it.

hollyann

Linda63

Postby Linda63 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Thanks hollyann!

No psych the insurance does not cover it.

I have tried Melatonin and it did not work. I did go back on my Prozac the other day when I woke with the emotional break down. It was a combination of me always trying to be super woman and realizing that I am not any more. Become blind in one eye two years ago has not helped as my husband no longer wants me to drive and that is how I use to relax and was my stress reviler. I could drive for hours and become calm. :(

soon I will be back up to two prozacs a day again as prescribed.

Return to “New Member Introductions”