Your pets and habits you need to explain to your guests

Open discussion about pets: training tips, stories, etc.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CTDaemon

Postby CTDaemon » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:38 am

I have had a total of 5 cats.
3 in the states.
one of them, Jewel (see my introduction, etc.) would spend every single night sleeping with me. We had our own sides of the bed. She even spoke to me, in our own way... The two of us had a lot of strange habits relating to each other that even my family was wierded out by it :P
The other two could open doors... At night, we would leave them in the garage and leave the door unlocked. They would open the garage door and get inside!

2 here
1 (Fox) loves to be crazy. She climbs walls, runs on ceilings, jumps at doors, runs and rams herself in the mirror, etc. funny and stupid, but we love her <3
the other (Indira) I'm trying to raise like Jewel. She follows me EVERYWHERE. I have to kick her out when I take a shower or use the bathroom.
both of them will get in bed with me or my mom at night. Indira always sleeps with me. When they sleep with me, they cuddle up beside me and we fall asleep like that... The next morning I usually end up with cat fur all over my stomach, but oh well... :)

I love my cats. I love all cats!

aim

Postby aim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi CTD - thanks for sharing all of that about your cats! I had a cat growing up, but now I'm all about my Dakota - Siberian Husky. I hear you about hair! Dakota is, by far, the hairiest being alive, but I still love her all the same... When she blows her coat twice a year? It's like another animal could be made from all of the hair that comes off of her in clumps! No matter how much I try to brush her, it still comes off like that for about three weeks.

Again, thanks for sharing! Where do you live now?

CTDaemon

Postby CTDaemon » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:04 pm

I love Siberian Huskies! I have a neighbor with one, she is so beautiful! When I get my own house, I want to have some cats and a Siberian.

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:37 am

I have three cats, pixie and her two kittens ziggy and smudge. well i say kittens,they're seven months old now. smudge is still a big baby though,the other day my boyfriend was sitting on the sofa in just his trousers and smudge actually tried to suckle from his nipple!!!!!! no kidding. it was hilarious. also smudge can't purr properly,he just makes this cute rusty cooing sound like a pigeon.

I expect to see him on this forum soon discussing his issues...

xn728

ferrets

Postby xn728 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:55 am

my three ferrets dance around the garden when there playing ,this is a we,ll known thing that happy ferrets do ,,and they are HENRY ,BORIS AND BILLY ,,, IF THEY GET EXITED THEY BARK SIMALER TO A SMALL DOGS XN728 :evil:

aim

Postby aim » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:51 pm

That's pretty neat, Ken. I've never actually seen a ferret in action, but I think I'd pay to see that little rascal barking like a dog!!!

My dog has been waking me up in the middle of the night to go out lately. It's really beginning to wear thin on me, actually. I know I should just accept it, but she's only 5! Should she be acting this demanding already? She was not this type of puppy at all. I expected it in old age, but now? She is supposed to live until she's 17 maybe! So, I let her out at 3 or 4am, and she stays out there until I get up at 7am. I've tried to ignore her, but she either pees on the bathroom mat or she barks and wines at me until I finally get up and let her out.

Any advice would be appreciated!

xn728

ah here it is

Postby xn728 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:58 am

yes aim ferrets are like small dogs they will fetch ,and go for walks ,and will and do bark they do it if frightened and if there playing with each other ,very affectionate creatures ,about the peeing thing ,if we encounter this at the kennels we restrict the water leave a bowl down at meal times and remove after an hour ,take the water away during the night ,if its only gonna be away say 8 hrs ,sh,ell be ok without a drink ,we are not experts but might be worth a try ,nice to here from you ,montys quiet but i know shes busy with the wedding thing ,how is it going for you and your man ,no rush to answer xn728 ken

aim

Postby aim » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:58 pm

The only problem with keeping water from Dakota is that she will wake me up at night so I can give it her. I believe that I've created a monster!!

My man and I are very very good. The wedding planning is forging ahead, and I really cannot wait to be his wife. He's such a wonderful, kind and sensitive man, really. After being with the total opposite for so many years, it's so great to be able to spot a good one when I've found it - and I certainly have! I'm very happy with him, Ken. Thank you so much for asking!

I know how the ferrets are doing, but how is the wife? The children?

xn728

3 ferrets

Postby xn728 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:22 pm

I HAVE TRHEE FERRETS ,THESE ANIMALS HAVE HAD BAD PRESS ,BUT THEY ARE LOVING ,AND VERY INTELLEGENT ,WHEN THEY GET EXITED
THEY DANCE AROUND BOUNCING TO AND FRO ON THERE BACK AND FRONT LEGS ,WITH THERE MOUTHS WIDE OPEN ,THEY WILL BARK LIKE A SMALL DOG WHEN ALARMED ,IN THERE CAGES THEY HAVE PILLOWS CUT IN HAVE TO SLEEP IN ,THEY LIKE TO BE WARM AND COZY ,THEY ARE EXELENT CLIMBERS ,WILL CHASE FOR ANYTHING I THROW AND WILL COME WHEN CALLED ,THEY ARE IN THEIR WINTER COATS NOW AND THEY HAVE A DARK AREA AROUND THE EYES ,THE BURGLARS MASK OF THE POLE CAT TYPE ,THE PLEASURE THEY GIVE ME IS GREAT ,AND I LOVE THEM VERY MUCH ,,,,,,,KEN XN728

crybaby1086

Postby crybaby1086 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:58 pm

I have had numerous pets in my life big and small. I had a cat once who used to walk around on his hind legs like a person! A dog that would sing you a song when asked. And don't even get me started on the goats! lol...

xn728

fine aim

Postby xn728 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:51 pm

the kids are good aim fran is struggling ,but i still make her laugh in fact i get in trouble sometime i make her short of breath ,thanks for asking ,aim i may have to go away ,best wishes just in case ,if a5 comes back tell her i missed her ,,we,ll later or bye ken

aim

Postby aim » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:41 pm

Laughter is a wonderful thing, Ken. I'm glad you can do that for your wife... I hope someone out there does it for you too, Ken.

I'm also glad you are back. You are missed when you go, and I have a feeling that you torture yourself a bit when you leave as well. How are YOU Ken?

(((((KEN)))))

Return to “Pets”