Warmie's thought for the day 05-21-10

Off-and-on topics to brighten your day. Please feel free to comment upon what you've read.

Moderator: Moderators

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Warmie's thought for the day 05-21-10

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Write your hurts in the sand...

Carve your blessings in stone...

Warmie 8)

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Fri May 21, 2010 11:15 am

Another really good thought. I'm working towards doing this....gradually! :oops: :wink:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:42 pm

((((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind )))))))))))))

Thank you. All joking aside, I have a large rock in my front yard/garden, and two smaller ones (for now with a few more coming) in the back of house. I do intended to have some sand blasting done on them so some words/thoughts will be engraved on them. One thing on the list to consider is "Carve your blessings in stone". Cool huh?

One suggestion to me for the one out front is my 'name', with 'lives here', so if I get lost I would know when I was home. LOL, Didn't know whether to hug that person for caring or swat them for thinking I would get lost. Gotta luv em'.!!

Warmie

xn728

LOVELY IDEA

Postby xn728 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:12 pm

that sounds nice ((((((warmie)))))) we have a little rock area in the corner of our garden ,,something nice about rocks !!,,but your idea would be nice ,,,hope the gardens doing ok ,,hugs ((((((warmie)))))),,lots of love ken xxxx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:17 pm

((((( Ken )))))))

The garden hasn't taken off on me yet, things still looking good. Won't be long until I am back out there battling the weeds and feeding the flowers. :)

Rocks are great! They don't leave you, they are there waiting for you, your touch, they listen and never shares your words with others, the stay calm, cool and solid, no matter what. They are your friend.

They don't mind being left out in the weather, and some are shaped just right to give you a place to sit and rest, when tired and down.

Yeah, Rocks are great! :)

Warmie

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Sat May 22, 2010 9:45 am

Rocks ARE great. Unless they are:

1. Intelligent, hostile, murderous rocks. ( Like on Star Trek, the original series. ) Or,

2. High explosive rocks that go off when a Security guard trips over them. ( Also on Star Trek the original series. ) Or,

3. The huge rock, ( About the size of Coventry Cathedral. ), that Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect were trapped under, with no hope of rescue. ( In the Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy. ) Or,

4. Stupid, hostile, murderous rocks. ( Like on Galaxy Quest. )

Just thought a note of caution was called for.......! :roll: :wink:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat May 22, 2010 7:47 pm

((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind ))))))))))))

TY, can always count on you to make me laugh.

Warmie

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat May 22, 2010 9:59 pm

I tried a rock garden one time. Ended just a pile of rocks. However, I did plant some roses yesterday. :)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:07 pm

(((((((((( Obayan )))))))))))))

I don't have a rock garden, I have 'big' rocks. One in front of house, two in the back. They have their own 'personality' if rocks can have that.

Oh, I planted a rose bush last week. Beautiful large pink roses, hoping it takes off and grows like crazy. :) Love spending time outside, tending to plants, watching them grow. Nature at its best.

Warmie

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat May 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Let me share a little with you about my beliefs.....

I believe everything has a soul. The earth, the trees, the rocks, the wind.... I believe when we pass, we become one with the souls around us. So yes, a rock can and does have a personality. As does the flowers we help to grow in our garden. There's also a garden in our mind. A beautiful garden full of flowers and trees. And once in a while, we have to pluck a few weeds. And once in a while, we have to throw a little fertilizer. You, Warmsoul, are fertilizer for the garden in my heart. I pray the ancestors keep you and protect you for all your days.

your friend.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:59 am

((((((((((( Obayan )))))))))))))))))

What a beautiful thought. Neighbors probably think me crazy, for talking to my plants, my trees and YES my rocks. Sounds crazy but the feeling they hear, understand and react in whatever way they can is amazing.

Thanks for that little insight. Now should I name my rocks? :)

Warmie

Return to “Warmsoul's Corner”