Will You Dance With Me?

Off-and-on topics to brighten your day. Please feel free to comment upon what you've read.

Moderator: Moderators

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Will You Dance With Me?

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Something special from ((((((((((( Obayan )))))))))) Thank you so much for sharing.

Warmie

Will You Dance With Me?

Too many people put off something that brings them joy just because they haven't thought about it, don't have it on their schedule, didn't know it was coming or are too rigid to depart from their routine.

I got to thinking one day about all those women on the Titanic who passed up dessert at dinner that fateful night in an effort to cut back. From then on, I've tried to be a little more flexible.

How many women out there will eat at home because their husband didn't suggest going out to dinner until after something had been thawed? Does the word 'refrigeration' mean nothing to you?

How often have your kids dropped in to talk and sat in silence while you watched ' Jeopardy ' on television?

I cannot count the times I called my sister and said, 'How about going to lunch in a half hour?' She would gas up and stammer, 'I can't. I have clothes on the line. My hair is dirty. I wish I had known yesterday, I had a late breakfast, It looks like rain.' And my personal favorite: 'It's Monday.' She died a few years ago. We never did have lunch together.

Because we cram so much into their lives, we tend to schedule our headaches. We live on a sparse diet of promises we make to ourselves when all the conditions are perfect!

We'll go back and visit the grandparents when we get Steve toilet-trained. We'll entertain when we replace the living-room carpet... We'll go on a second honeymoon when we get two more kids out of college.

Life has a way of accelerating as we get older. The days get shorter, and the list of promises to ourselves gets longer. One morning, we awaken, and all we have to show for our lives is a litany of 'I'm going to,' 'I plan on,' and 'Someday, when things are settled down a bit.'

When anyone calls my 'seize the moment' friend, she is open to adventure and available for trips. She keeps an open mind on new ideas. Her enthusiasm for life is contagious. You talk with her for five minutes, and you're ready to trade your bad feet for a pair of Roller blades and skip an elevator for a bungee cord..

My lips have not touched ice cream in 10 years. I love ice cream. It's just that I might as well apply it directly to my stomach with a spatula and eliminate the digestive process The other day, I stopped the car and bought a triple-Decker. If my car had hit an iceberg on the way home, I would have died happy.

Now...go on and have a nice day. Do something you WANT to......not something on your SHOULD DO list. If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

Have you ever watched kids playing on a merry go round or listened to the rain lapping on the ground? Ever followed a butter fly's erratic flight or gazed at the sun into the fading night? Do you run through each day on the fly? When you ask ' How are you?' Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done, do you lie in your bed with the next hundred chores running through your head? Ever told your child, 'We'll do it tomorrow.' And in your haste, not see his sorrow? Ever lost touch? Let a good friendship die? Just call to say 'Hi?

When you worry and hurry through your day, it is like an unopened gift....Thrown away..... Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

'Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:28 pm

You are SOOOOOOO right (((( Warmie ))))!!!!
I've had one of those days today at work, when I've just felt like I've been hanging on and trying not to " lose it ". One of those days when it feels that the world is pulling you on faster than you can run.
However, I am getting better at " Taking it slower. " I'm making a point of " smelling the roses ", and savouring the little, precious things in life.
( But, it's something that I'm still having to work on... :oops: )

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:00 pm

((((((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind ))))))))))))))))))))))

So understand what you are saying.

I have two list. My "should of/would of/ could have done", and the second (hardest) one is "Dare to dream". Needless to say my first list is long, but the second is growing. In fact top of list is for this summer, spending time with a dear friend. We manage to put things off and it is going to stop.

Believe my second list will get easier for when in doubt, I read my first list. :wink:

Dare to dream, who knows where it will take you.

Warmie

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:53 am

Thanks (((( Warmie ))))!
I am clinginging tightly to my dreams, ( Or is that sheltering behind them? I'm having one of those times when it's hard to tell the difference. :( :? ), I am getting better at seeing myself as a unique individual with strengths as well as weaknesses, and not just as someone who doesn't measure up to arbitrary ideas of what other people think I should be.
In fact, we've just had a meeting in work where I nerved myself to, politely but firmly, explain how I felt and my doubts about the way things have been going, and several of my co-workers told me afterwards that that was exactly how they felt, which boosted my confidence, that they agreed with me, and also made me feel more like " one of the guys ".
Speaking up for myself, feeling less as if I'm vulnerable and being pushed around, even if I'm somewhat nervous about " telling truth to power ", is one of my dreams. One step at a time... :wink:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:39 am

(((((((((((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind ))))))))))))))))

A major step, I might add. I am proud of you! It isn't easy to do as you are, but you ARE!

Believe in yourself, believe in your dreams. Not everything might be possible, but you won't know if you don't try.

A warm hug and a big WTG!!! :wink:

Warmie

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks very much for the warm hug and the WTG, (((( Warmie )))). Both are very much appreciated! :D

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:40 pm

((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind )))))))))))))

There for you as you are for me and so many others here. You are truly appreciated.

Warmie

Monty

Postby Monty » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:40 pm

I often say that I say goodbye to my friends like it is the last time that I am going to see them.

With many of them it doesn't involve just a hug, it also is an exchange of "I love you" whispering in the ear.

Since I had the ECT just over three years ago, and I got a second chance at life, I vowed that I would make the most of the years that I have left.

Thanks Warmie and Tacking

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:05 pm

((((((( Monty )))))))))

Glad to see I am not the only one that believes the last words to those in your life is 'I love you'. I do that with some on the phone.

Thank you for sharing.

Warmie

Return to “Warmsoul's Corner”