my day (without elipsies)

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

JTSilius

my day (without elipsies)

Postby JTSilius » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:23 pm

I wake up in the morning seeing trails from the trazodone. get up and take my nexium and kolonapin, go to the bathroom etc etc. sit at my computer and check my email. check a few other websites.

i try and listen to this song at least once a day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sglTbDzBuM it gives me hope (dont bother listening if yoiu dont like instrumentals)

I try to get outside and shoot some basketball, ride the exercise bike,walk around the block,or do pushups.

watch tv or play video gasmes or read a book (right now im reading dante's inferno) or wat h a movie
i dont like to leave the house very long

being an unrelenting alcoholic, i'll get drunk or buzzed off of some kind of alcohol, just enough to make me happy.

then i will connect to quakenet and join #depression and talk till i feel sleepy

go to bed wake up and repeat

aim

Postby aim » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi JT. Dante's Inferno is a great book; enjoy it.

The alcoholism... do you think that might have something to do with your depression? Have you thought of seeking help for it?

Just a thought... with elipsis :-)

JTSilius

Postby JTSilius » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:43 pm

about the alcoholism... no, never, and im not depressed

aim

Postby aim » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:21 pm

You've never thought to seek help for the alcoholism? Why?

Aurelia5

Postby Aurelia5 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi JT

I guess you would be what they call a functioning alcoholic. You can live a normal life, alcohol doesn't get in the way, and you aren't a drunk, or mean when you drink, or dangerous on the road. If this is all true, then other than alcohol being hard as hell on your liver, you're probably ok.

Do you work? Are you independently wealthy? Sounds like you're in a really pleasant rut. Do you have any aspirations? Why do you visit the depression forums? Can you believe how nosy I am? Actually, this is just to get a better idea of how we can make your life better. Don't answer anything you don't want to.

Write back!

A5

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:26 pm

JTS,

I am glad that during your day, you are involved in a lot of activities.

If I have understood the thread right, you rely on alcohol to help you get happy. Is there other stuff in your life that helps lighten the load for you.

You don't mention if you have any special person in your life, though you do say that you don't like to leave the house for long.

You can see by our postings that we all care about those that come to visit the forum.

It sometimes takes a while for people to feel that they can share. Too often in my life, I have been pushed to talk, when I wasn't ready. Definitely not a good path to take.

It is nice to learn a little bit about the people who come an join our forum famliy.

Like A5 said, share when you are ready.

Return to “Your Story”