Disappointment

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Mngri0000

Disappointment

Postby Mngri0000 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:08 am

I am 24, I recently just got accepted in a company (still for final interview) I don't know why I am feeling scared/nervous whenever I wanted to ask something to our HR in regards with my final interview schedule. I recently was feared by her when I asked to clarify about a particular interview schedule. The story was like this., on the 24th of January, i went to the office to apply for a job. When I was about to go home, she tapped me and said Ms, you come back to the office on the 25th.. I was happy and I said ok Ma'am thank you. But later, She texted me to report to the office on the 26th of January, so I got a little confused. So I asked her politely thru text to clarify. She told me on the 26th. So i went to the office on the 26th. I was full of smiles, but when she came she immediately said "You know what? I am so disappointed. Do you have a dementia or do you have a disease or something that you are not capable of understanding immediately" so from that part, I was shocked and I was really humiliated. I even explained to her that she told me before i went home to return on the 25th, but she keeps on saying "no, no, I did not say it".And then she started saying that " you know what, our company doesn't allow employee who always asks questions", she keeps on repeating the words disappointed...
So that's why I keep on questioning myself "Am I this dumb? "Am I a disappointment?"
Is this job really for me?
Everytime I want to ask question, i feel nervous,..

kalyl

Re: Disappointment

Postby kalyl » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:45 am

It's unfortunate that the HR representative reacted in such a negative way, but please don't let her words make you doubt yourself.
Infinite Craft

LucyCoffee

Re: Disappointment

Postby LucyCoffee » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:11 am

First of all, I don't think it's so much you as it is that HR. She's obviously trying to brush off her responsibilities. You should be seriously considering whether you still want to be at this company at this point.

Return to “Your Story”