giving up

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

kaii21

giving up

Postby kaii21 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:10 am

im honestly at a point in my life where i feel like anything i do is useless. nothings going good for me and im on the brink of opting out of life. i treat everybody with love and respect and compassion and all i get is shit, shit and shit. why am i being punished in life for trying to be a better person? i hate feeling the way i do everysingle day. all i feel is sad and loneliness. dont got a car, job, or money at the moment. im currently living with my grandparents and i cant thank them enough for all they do but i feel like im only giving them more stress and frustration and that hurts me tremendously. i dont want to be a burden to nobody. i dont want pity from nobody, im not looking for attention, im looking for help. i wanna stay on this earth but its getting way too hard for me

Princess Ninja

Re: giving up

Postby Princess Ninja » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:42 pm

You should stop focusing on these kind of feelings. You should practice mindfulness. It will help you to overcome your sensitivity. Don't think like you are a burden to your grandparents. I think grandparents really enjoy company of their grandchildren. They would feel very sad if you hurt yourself. You should stay for them and for yourself.

Chuck Wood

Re: giving up

Postby Chuck Wood » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:20 pm

Well, I have a different point of view in a way. You should pay attention to these thoughts and feelings. But, for the purpose of finding what triggered them or what things are happening to create them. Some become "worthless" or "hopeless" when they do something "wrong". Other times people have a DNA inheritance (like me) that makes me become very, very vulnerable to these bad feelings even if nothing was wrong.

The more you can learn about yourself and these troubles, the better you will be at handling them and even maybe be strong enough to get through to a healthy enough life that you can be even more proud of because of what it took to accomplish (compared to others).

If I'm able to get through the pains I have in my future, I hope I can find a way to help others with these types of issues as it is my greatest skill I have, to learn mindfulness. Maybe you can get to doing something you'd like to do if you overcome your hurdles?

Return to “Your Story”