Inferiority Complex at work

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Anacites

Inferiority Complex at work

Postby Anacites » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:50 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm a barista at Starbucks and I feel like everyone else is better than me. I work really hard to make sure everything is running smoothly but I have an incredibly hard time thinking of my coworkers as friends. Not because I dislike them, but because I'm constantly worried about their opinion of me and that I personally think they are so much better than I am. I'm starting to ask people to hangout with me but it's a constant struggle. When I do hangout with people I have to constantly tell them that I appreciate their patience with me and the time they spend with me. It wasn't always like this.

Yours,
Anacites

Prycejosh1987

Re: Inferiority Complex at work

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:13 am

Anacites wrote:Hey Everyone,

I'm a barista at Starbucks and I feel like everyone else is better than me. I work really hard to make sure everything is running smoothly but I have an incredibly hard time thinking of my coworkers as friends. Not because I dislike them, but because I'm constantly worried about their opinion of me and that I personally think they are so much better than I am. I'm starting to ask people to hangout with me but it's a constant struggle. When I do hangout with people I have to constantly tell them that I appreciate their patience with me and the time they spend with me. It wasn't always like this.

Yours,
Anacites

Your probably overthinking about things too much. It doesnt matter what people think of you. (Positive criticism helps) You should be happy with yourself. You were hired for a reason. Try not to be too needy when communicating and "hanging out" with others it can be a turn off.

Return to “Your Story”