Is it all my fault ?

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

abigailmontez

Is it all my fault ?

Postby abigailmontez » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:57 pm

I have suffered from anxiety for 6 years and I have been feeling serious depressed lately. My parents have always brushed my anxiety off as me overthinking which has only made it harder to manage and I really don’t have anyone else to turn to.
I was badly bullied up until the age of 13 and the pain has just always stuck with me. Recently my friend, who was the person I was closest with in the world, decided she didn’t want me as part of her life anymore. It’s hard because she was the only one who ever listened to me. I feel like it is my fault every time a person walks out of my life.
I have to hide in bathrooms when I have panic attacks in public, i either binge eat or don’t eat at all. I just sit in my room in the dark afraid of what I am going to do to myself.
I’m just so scared all the time

Łost Søuł

Re: Is it all my fault ?

Postby Łost Søuł » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:59 am

Hey I don't think its your fault Abi. I know what you mean about the brushing away the problems people tend to do. I am unsure how it came to be like this but the world just feels darker than ever. whether thats just our own perspective or not life seems to make less sense every day that goes on. Sometimes people and especially we are too hard on our selves. Sometimes it's just enough for us to be alive and we don't get the recognition for it. So I think if you're still alive then you're trying your hardest and you're doing great. I am sure there lies a small light within all that darkness that surrounds you. Fight for it and hold on, don't let it escape your sight. Let it guide you. I wish you well and hopefully in time everyone else will understand

Prycejosh1987

Re: Is it all my fault ?

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:54 pm

abigailmontez wrote:I have suffered from anxiety for 6 years and I have been feeling serious depressed lately. My parents have always brushed my anxiety off as me overthinking which has only made it harder to manage and I really don’t have anyone else to turn to.
I was badly bullied up until the age of 13 and the pain has just always stuck with me. Recently my friend, who was the person I was closest with in the world, decided she didn’t want me as part of her life anymore. It’s hard because she was the only one who ever listened to me. I feel like it is my fault every time a person walks out of my life.
I have to hide in bathrooms when I have panic attacks in public, i either binge eat or don’t eat at all. I just sit in my room in the dark afraid of what I am going to do to myself.
I’m just so scared all the time

Sorry to hear that you have experienced emotionally hardship in your life. You can make friends with people in the same situation as you online. You can make friends with other people, It could be the way you come across that is why your parents are not taking you seriously. The truth is that at the end of the day you have to confront the issues yourself. Change your mentality and focus in life. To force yourself to let past go. Speak to your doctor or a counsellor, they will help you on the road to success.

Return to “Your Story”