Trying to be happy

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Orchaid Lover

Trying to be happy

Postby Orchaid Lover » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:05 am

So it's been a while since I've posted anything and I'm not really looking for replies. I kind of just needed a place to air out some of my feelings.
So I was dating this girl for a couple months and she dumped me with a text message. A day later she tried to text me again and I told her to leave me alone. I politely explained that she dumped me in a mean way and I didn't have anything nice to say to her. She then went off on me and I had to tell her to stop texting me.
Despite that I was doing okay. I'd started a new job and quit a job that very harmful for my mental health. It's been a month and I'm actually pretty happy. I love my new job and I have some really great people in my life. The problem is that my ex is now trying to reinsert herself into my life. She started of by trying to apologize without actually owning up to the fact that she'd done something incredible horrible to me. She then went after me, verbally (through text), when I refused to forgive her. She'd hurt me and treated me quite poorly and while I was no longer angry or upset I simply didn't forgive her. What she did was terrible and I couldn't lie and say that it was okay when it really wasn't.
After I told her several times to stop texting (I am not able to block text on my phone, I've done lots of checks and it's not possible) I simply stopped replying.
A couple days later she threatened to sue me for emotional distress in an attempt to scare me into talking to her again. I haven't.
The point of all of this is that my family says to ignore it but it's not quite that easy.
I'm actually in a place in my life where I'm feeling happy and not depressed for the first time in years. But every time I see my ex's name
and photo come up on my phone all those negative emotions come back.
I hate that I'm finally at a good place in my life and this person is too selfish, and frankly just a terrible person, to let me be in a good place. It's hard enough to be happy and fight the depression without someone else actively trying to make you feel worse and constantly telling you how everything you're doing is wrong.
I don't understand why she's doing what she's doing. She the one that broke up with me so I don't get why she is trying so hard to be back in my life when all I want is to never see or hear from her again.

Return to “Your Story”