testing the waters | please talk to me

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

miracle.nightmare

testing the waters | please talk to me

Postby miracle.nightmare » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:39 am

This is my first time writing an anonymous forum, I just...
I used to have people to talk to about my problems, I would hear theirs too, it was like a mutual understanding (win/win). I've never felt so alone in my life. Lonely? Yes but alone? Never this much. All my friends are busy with their own lives, understandable, I've been preoccupied too but I just never imagine how everyone would have the greatest time of their life, doing great on their own , without me...

OK call me selfish but I just wished one out of all the people who I've shared emotional understandings with would respond to my texts. I missed intellectual, deep conversations so much I've almost forgot how they felt. I'm not struggling with any big problems right now, I just have so many ideas, so many thoughts and stories I want to tell but I feel like I'm being indirectly rejected. I know my friends didn't mean it, (maybe some did) but whatever the circumstances, I would never leave a friend behind. I forgot that not everyone thinks the same as me. And that's another story to be told...

Spleefy

Re: testing the waters | please talk to me

Postby Spleefy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried to tell them, face to face, how you feel?

It’s interesting how they all stopped responding to your texts, isn’t it?

I don’t know the situation, but another thing to look at might be your expectations. For example, are you depending on them too much or being clingy?

Another thing to think about is what type of friends are they? Have you known them long? Are they reliable? Do you remember when this change in the relationship dynamics begin to change? Is it possible that you read into it differently to the actual situation?

What do you think defines your relationship with them? Are they friends that you mostly discuss emotions or have deep conversations with. Perhaps you could all do something different for a change of pace to add spice to the relationship.

I’m not sure it is quite as grim as, “they are doing great on their own, without you”. I’m sure you add value to their lives and they enjoy your company and stimulating conversations.

Perhaps do some networking and mix with a variety of people. I’m sure there are people on here that you can have great conversations with. Although, this is a depression forum, so it may not be the conversations you are looking for.

Have you tried other forums that are specific to what you want to talk about? That is a great way to connect with like-minded individuals.

Prycejosh1987

Re: testing the waters | please talk to me

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:40 pm

miracle.nightmare wrote:This is my first time writing an anonymous forum, I just...
I used to have people to talk to about my problems, I would hear theirs too, it was like a mutual understanding (win/win). I've never felt so alone in my life. Lonely? Yes but alone? Never this much. All my friends are busy with their own lives, understandable, I've been preoccupied too but I just never imagine how everyone would have the greatest time of their life, doing great on their own , without me...

OK call me selfish but I just wished one out of all the people who I've shared emotional understandings with would respond to my texts. I missed intellectual, deep conversations so much I've almost forgot how they felt. I'm not struggling with any big problems right now, I just have so many ideas, so many thoughts and stories I want to tell but I feel like I'm being indirectly rejected. I know my friends didn't mean it, (maybe some did) but whatever the circumstances, I would never leave a friend behind. I forgot that not everyone thinks the same as me. And that's another story to be told...

Your not negative but your struggling with it. You are not being rejected. Alot of people think like you. Which means they feel rejected too. How do you deal with it. By being loving and having communication with your friends. Call them. Meet your own partner too. Nearly all of the time, as people grow up you naturally will see them less and talk to them less. That is why it is good for you to try and settle down.

Return to “Your Story”