Anxiety and Depression Affecting Your Relationships

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Prycejosh1987

Re: Anxiety and Depression Affecting Your Relationships

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:11 pm

María wrote:Iḿ currently battling with depression and anxiety.
I have great days, good days, bad days and terrible days.
I haven been having terrible days for the past month due to anxiety involving my relationship with my boyfriend. I overthink EVERYTHING and there are days that I think he's not the one, but somedays I know for sure he is. I know this because I felt it before but right now my anxiety is getting worse and I know these thoughts are not my own. Having second thoughts about my partner feel like betrayal but I know that my anxiety is the one doing it.
My doubts increased when I started reading romantic books, I felt that I didn't have that typical romantic story I know it is unrealistic and I know that all those stories about a girl having depression and getting so much better because of a guy is pure lies, but I can't help feel jealous about those love stories, I haven't felt that "sweeping of my feet" sensation and I have to really think that those stories, those characters are fiction, that the relationship that I have is real, that he loves me and takes care of me in his own way.
I have an appointment with psyquatrist in 2 weeks, this is the first time I see one and I'm really excited and I think this is a big step for me and I think this is going to help me overcome my fears and doubts in my relationship.

Media and books paint a love life as grounded on lust and feelings not real love. Real love is built on honesty, communication and trust. Support each other and be affectionate. Hes with you which says something so show him love as i described it and not as the world describes it.

Return to “Your Story”