My lessons learned because I'm ill

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

derkderk

My lessons learned because I'm ill

Postby derkderk » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:12 pm

As expected, depression/bipolar and other cases are studied through psychology and neurology. I've come to conclusions of why things are and what causes what.

1. As our brains evolved, the emotional/associative memory parts (hippocampus, amygdala, etc.) developed first and was of most use before our prefrontal cortex (i.e. problem solving, logic) became so evolved. When things are erratic and illogical, most react or detach emotionally and de-focus our attention . Stimuli feeds our logic and associative memory then prompting our hippocampus to "feel" or detach our "feeling" then we decide how to respond.

2: Coping with depression and other things is exhausting. Sugary foods feel wonderful sometimes and it supposedly has a energy kick that feels good for energizing the painful work of maintaining keeping my brain straight. I got off of coffee and went to caffeine pills which are a whole lot cheaper and easier on the stomach. Nicotine patches and lozenges have been studied for addictive properties and were found to have a very unlikely addictive properties. Reports I've read indicate the plausible reason to be the nicotine levels to be slow entering the brain compared to inhalation which has a very high spike and quick reduction which may be the mechanism for people to become addicted.

3. Looking back at my childhood fears, insecurities, and sensitivities I've come to find myself so depressed that "it is a small world after all". I have nothing promising to look forward to and I tried everything I did before. I have no fears or insecurities because what is left is nothingness. My hippocampus explains how small the world is to me. Everything an average mind would need is all around me, but efforts to engage in these things are futile. I have no reward in candy, roller coasters, Disney Land, friendships, etc. As its said, "stupidity is trying something over and over and expecting a different result". Feels like the off ramp for this life gets closer and closer.

Prycejosh1987

Re: My lessons learned because I'm ill

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:42 pm

derkderk wrote:As expected, depression/bipolar and other cases are studied through psychology and neurology. I've come to conclusions of why things are and what causes what.

1. As our brains evolved, the emotional/associative memory parts (hippocampus, amygdala, etc.) developed first and was of most use before our prefrontal cortex (i.e. problem solving, logic) became so evolved. When things are erratic and illogical, most react or detach emotionally and de-focus our attention . Stimuli feeds our logic and associative memory then prompting our hippocampus to "feel" or detach our "feeling" then we decide how to respond.

2: Coping with depression and other things is exhausting. Sugary foods feel wonderful sometimes and it supposedly has a energy kick that feels good for energizing the painful work of maintaining keeping my brain straight. I got off of coffee and went to caffeine pills which are a whole lot cheaper and easier on the stomach. Nicotine patches and lozenges have been studied for addictive properties and were found to have a very unlikely addictive properties. Reports I've read indicate the plausible reason to be the nicotine levels to be slow entering the brain compared to inhalation which has a very high spike and quick reduction which may be the mechanism for people to become addicted.

3. Looking back at my childhood fears, insecurities, and sensitivities I've come to find myself so depressed that "it is a small world after all". I have nothing promising to look forward to and I tried everything I did before. I have no fears or insecurities because what is left is nothingness. My hippocampus explains how small the world is to me. Everything an average mind would need is all around me, but efforts to engage in these things are futile. I have no reward in candy, roller coasters, Disney Land, friendships, etc. As its said, "stupidity is trying something over and over and expecting a different result". Feels like the off ramp for this life gets closer and closer.

1. That is not true. Humans have always had logic nothing has changed apart from what we accept as rules and what we wear.
2. That is not entirely true. Sugary foods provide energy but you can have lots of sugar and feel the exact same way. sometimes i can have no sugar not sleep at night from overthinking and another day have tons and tons of sugar and sleep like a baby. Its true about nicotine, however it depends who you talk to. We all have different experiences.
3. That is not true. If you had felt "nothingness" then nothing would affect you good or bad. As you are depressed bad things are affecting you and they are convincing you there is nothingness. Which is bad in itself. Although it is stupid to think you can do the same thing over and expect something different. Its still possible. If you do the same thing in a different way. Change your life and think different, if you really think nothingness then you can start again and ignite passions and desires. You can try new things and really start enjoying life.

Return to “Your Story”