Bottom fell out today.........

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Ks81072

Bottom fell out today.........

Postby Ks81072 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:33 am

Not a good day. Found out first thing this morning about a death in the family. We weren't especially close, but it still sucks. You always think you have more time.............Which brings me to another thought. I know we're not supposed to base happiness on others, but ......There was a woman in my life years ago that was the only one EVER who could quiet the demons in my head. Truth be told, not one day has passed that I haven't thought about her. Problem is, she's moved on.....I haven't. I love her as much today as I ever did. I guess what I'm looking for here is any advice on how to let go.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:04 pm

Death is a punctuation point ... a period, an exclamation point, an question mark.

The people in my life who have passed no longer directly communicate with me, but I still communicate with them. The closest idea I can come to this is that meme that came around on rubber wrist bands: "What would Jesus Do?" I find it hard to talk to Jesus, but still get good advice by asking myself "What would the people who I respect, but have passed on, do?"

It is not the same as being with them, but it is enough for me. I would be interested to know if you think that you can still know what that lady would say even though she is no longer a part of your life.

Return to “Your Story”