My Story... please help me...

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Confused Caitlin

My Story... please help me...

Postby Confused Caitlin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:40 am

i feel soooo stupid for doing this. i don't even know if i have depression. and i'm only 16! i really hope someone replies to this. i need someone to talk to. i feel so alone. for the past few years i've been feeling so different. i've been taking quizes online to see if i'm depressed and they all say i have severe depression. i've never told anyone, nobody knows. i feel so sad. and so tired. i'm tired of living. i know i could never do it. but still. i don't know if i'll graduate. i feel like there's no point in living, i'm so insignificant and worthless. i always look in the mirror and i always think i'm ugly and worthless. i don't love my parents anymore and i don't want to talk to my friends. but no one knows! i look so perfect. i'm smart and have good grades. i'm in all the hard classes and have As and Bs. i'm skinny, i'm on the varsity volleyball, i have lots of friends and i've never gotten drunk or high. i'm white and upper middle class. but i want to die. i'm shaking and sobbing right now. i just wish i was someone else... please...somebody help, or at least tell me i just have teen anxst. please respond...

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:39 am

Hi Caitlin,

first of all, welcome to this forum :D and let me tell you, you are not alone in this, lots of people have the same feelings as you. You seem to have everything going for you, and you are probably not ugly, you just think you are... the whole world seems available to you, go and grab it! Some people have certain chemical (e.g. seratonin) imbalance in the brain that causes them to constantly feel depressed, maybe you are in this category... because from your writing, you seem to have very good conditions going for you, so its probably not any external factors that are causing your depression... why don't you try seeing a therapist and see if he/she recommends any medication for you?

Try looking at your situation objectively, from a third person's point of view... everything seems to be going well for you, there is no reason for you to feel depressed... try to cheer up... but i think definately see a therapist and see if medication is recommended. You can talk to us here in this forum, write and post in this forum and share your thoughts and feelings, there are kind people who will respond and give suggestions, and at least you have someone to talk to here...

hey, take care, ok? everything is alright... :)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi Caitlin,

As 'hey' said things look good, from a third persons view.

With your age, consider talking with your parents, get in to see a doctor and let someone with the training advice you on all of this.

You are taking the harder classes maintaining good grades, that alone would put pressure on you. Then your involvement with school activities and friends. It all adds up and be very over whelming.

Take care and continue posting here, helps to be able to get those feelings out.

Warmie 8)

Confused Caitlin

Postby Confused Caitlin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:03 pm

thank you for the support but i think one of the reasons why i found a forum was so i wouldn't have to talk to anyone about it to their face. i'm not one for admitting i need help with anything, i always just sort it out on my own. i don't think my parents could take that. they'd probably think i just wanted attention. i kinda wish i had never put the post because my mood fluctuates so much. i keep track of good days and bad and yesterday was really bad. i just feel like reality is out of touch for me right now. i spend most of my time daydreaming about better places that i can never reach. its always worse at night too. i'll probably have a very bad night tonight.

Chrissy

Postby Chrissy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:54 am

^the above post sounds exactly like me .. ha... but idk maybe you should just get antidepressants.. you sound depressed to me.. i know it's not as simple as just taking medication.. but it could help.. and i know it's probably hard for u to do that because you are only 16. but if you really don't want to tell your parents you could find a way to do it yourself.. do you drive?.. well i guess i dont know if they would give it to someone under 18 without parents consent? i'm not sure.. it's worth a try.

Return to “Your Story”