Can you help me??

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

frigus00

Can you help me??

Postby frigus00 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi, my name is Frida and am new to this. am 15 years old an am pretty sure i have a depression. sorry if i misspell or writes something wrong but am not im not very good at writing on english so i petty much whrit in translate. right now a have a pretty tough time, because i have anxiety over school work and those ho i call friends don't care or don't see how i really feel. should
not real friends see when i fake a smile and say am fine wen am relly dieing inside?? I have also not someone who understands and the few friends I have told do not believe in me. i have done some form of self harm, i dont want to seek help but i want to be happy agen and I want to be who I was before a couple of years ago. can you help me in any way??

PixieArmy

Postby PixieArmy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:45 pm

(((( Frida )))))

Im sorry you having such a bad time. To avoid self harm i usually get a pen and write on my arms or draw, also use ice on them or try to tear up paper.

think this is a good step getting help, maybe after a while you'll be able to talk to the people close to you.

Glad to have you here.

Pix

DontEatMyBacon

Postby DontEatMyBacon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:24 am

Real friends accepts you and care for you especially when your down. Quality friends are always better than quantity of friends. How about opening what you feel to your family?

CrazyKiss

Postby CrazyKiss » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:47 pm

You are really brave to confide in us on this site as it can be difficult to open up. You should b proud of urself.

I dont think u should put ur friends first if they are not helping the situation. I just think u need to have some space and do something what will make u happy. This could be anything from joining a club, taking up a hobby, going to the gym or seeing family etc. Akl of these things can some how help u feel better.

Im not sure if u have a counseller at school but it would be a good idea if you could go andsee them when u feel ready .They dont judge u or turn u away if thats what u think. Just give it a try and see for urself. However if u cant confide in a counselller what about a teacher u get on well with. Would this help?

Please try and talk to someone. Your not on ur own.

X

frigus00

Postby frigus00 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:49 am

thank you DontEatMyBacon but i don't think i dare open up to my family about this.
CrazyKiss I'd rather not go to a counseller, becus a first of all dont think that a code talk about it and a dont like to complain about my problems, but thank you all for the tips.

100footpole

Read About ... not self help

Postby 100footpole » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:55 am

Frigus00,

If you read about depression you'll see that depressed people tend to set up barriers for themselves, and start thinking in loops that confirm and amplify our feelings of hopelessness.

Your English is very good, how much time do you spend on the translation?

Please read the English Wikipedia article on Melancholia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melancholiain English, and in your native language and let me know if you think they are different. If they are different which do you think is right?

100footpole

What Happened?

Postby 100footpole » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:00 am

Frigus00,

We depressed people love to set up barriers for ourselves with words like Should, and Can't. Once we have the barriers set up we find ourselves thinking in loops and feeling helpless.

Your English is very good, I can't believe you are just using the internet to interpret that. Have you found any translations that you had to think about to understand, or are there english phrases that don't make sense to you.

Read about Melancholia in english at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melancholia. Is there a page on wikipedia for a similar word in your language? Do you think they are different? If so how? If not what do you think should be added to the entry? I'll try to do it in English.

Return to “Your Story”