New to this.

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Kingaurthir

New to this.

Postby Kingaurthir » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:37 am

In 2008 I had what I believe was an anxiety attack driving to work one evening. Not to long after that I quit my job because I couldn't handle the pressure (Long story). I have attempted to have jobs twice since then, the first lasted 9 days and the second one I lasted until I received my first paycheck. I have a near constant feeling of worthlessness. My wife has had to carry me for so long I am pretty sure she is about to leave. I have had a short meeting with a counselor at my local mental health center years ago. She told me she believed I was depressed and that was that. I don't have a personal doctor but I did try to get help a second time by going to the ER. They wanted to help but I am terrified of needles, I could not let them take blood for analysis. I simply do not know where to turn anymore. I am not on medication and as far as I know I do not have a drinking problem. I know this probably sounds a little stupid (especially about the blood work), but I don't know what to do. I do not feel I can talk about this to anyone in my home either. I want to be normal again.

emily67

Postby emily67 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:34 am

welcome to the site.

good to meet you

CrazyKiss

Postby CrazyKiss » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi there, I'm sorry ur going through a rough time. It can not be easy for u when u feel like all u doing is getting constant bad luck all the time. You seem to be staying out of trouble, being told what to do, ur sticking by ur loved ones and doing this for them. You would think why is life treating me so bad?

Sometimes when never know the answers and have to go on our first thought and when u mentioned u went to see doctor and they said u could have depression shows that ever since then u feel like u do. I know having deppresion isn't nice for anyone but it's good that u realise u have it and know the signs.

What do u think will work best for u right now? I see u have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Could u think about going back to see the doctor? I know this won't be easy but u just need to get back into seeking help again.

You could always ask ur partner to go along with u for support. This could be the first step and then once u have done u will feel loads better I'm sure. There's no need to feel anxious about seeing a professional. They have heard and seem everything so don't think that for ome second. I do think ur missing out on this good opportunity right there and maybe that's why ur life has remained the same and proberly got worse.

I would try and book an appointment and see the doctor. I know I dont know where u live but there must be a surgery near u. If so u could go in and ask to see the doctor straight away. You wouldn't have have this on ur mind for so long. Could u do this?

As for u and ur partner I do think u need to try and show her that ur willing to get help but just need a bit of incouragment to get it and that being said u could ask her about coming with u to see the doctor. What have u got to lose?

Say everything what u just said to us to the doctor because I know they will be able to help u more then we can. None of us on here are professions, we can advice u and hope that u do ur best. However, u should still keep reaching out no matter what.

I hope this helps and that u see some improvement in the long run. I hope I have been some sort of help to u?

Take Care and Good Luck.

CrazyKiss

Postby CrazyKiss » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi there, I'm sorry ur going through a rough time. It can not be easy for u when u feel like all u doing is getting constant bad luck all the time. You seem to be staying out of trouble, being told what to do, ur sticking by ur loved ones and doing this for them. You would think why is life treating me so bad?

Sometimes when never know the answers and have to go on our first thought and when u mentioned u went to see doctor and they said u could have depression shows that ever since then u feel like u do. I know having deppresion isn't nice for anyone but it's good that u realise u have it and know the signs.

What do u think will work best for u right now? I see u have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Could u think about going back to see the doctor? I know this won't be easy but u just need to get back into seeking help again.

You could always ask ur partner to go along with u for support. This could be the first step and then once u have done u will feel loads better I'm sure. There's no need to feel anxious about seeing a professional. They have heard and seem everything so don't think that for ome second. I do think ur missing out on this good opportunity right there and maybe that's why ur life has remained the same and proberly got worse.

I would try and book an appointment and see the doctor. I know I dont know where u live but there must be a surgery near u. If so u could go in and ask to see the doctor straight away. You wouldn't have have this on ur mind for so long. Could u do this?

As for u and ur partner I do think u need to try and show her that ur willing to get help but just need a bit of incouragment to get it and that being said u could ask her about coming with u to see the doctor. What have u got to lose?

Say everything what u just said to us to the doctor because I know they will be able to help u more then we can. None of us on here are professions, we can advice u and hope that u do ur best. However, u should still keep reaching out no matter what.

I hope this helps and that u see some improvement in the long run. I hope I have been some sort of help to u?

Take Care and Good Luck.

SilentMomma

Postby SilentMomma » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Welcome KingAurthur,
It might be time for you to get a real doctor, and maybe set up some continued counseling (I know I keep telling myself the same thing, finally got a real Dr this year, haven't worked myself up to a counselor). It's hard taking any steps while you are dragged down with depression. At least you can acknowledge you have an issue and you have the desire to get help. For you counseling may be the first step and maybe they can help you through some of the anxiety without the blood draw.
Remember, small steps are always better than standing still or sliding back.

Kingaurthir

Postby Kingaurthir » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:35 am

Thanks guys, it is surprising how much your words caused me to choke up a little. I hear similar things from people around me a lot, but it is different when the people who say "just do it" cannot relate to what it really feels like to be in this kind of state. I sought this place out because I can't afford a Doctor or counselor right now. Hopefully a window will open up for me soon.

emily67

Postby emily67 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:44 am

Kingaurthir wrote:Thanks guys, it is surprising how much your words caused me to choke up a little. I hear similar things from people around me a lot, but it is different when the people who say "just do it" cannot relate to what it really feels like to be in this kind of state. I sought this place out because I can't afford a Doctor or counselor right now. Hopefully a window will open up for me soon.

i hopethat you keep reaching out here.

really good thing to do

Return to “Your Story”