Religion ???

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Itsonlyme

Religion ???

Postby Itsonlyme » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:50 pm

Okay well, I was born into a Christian household, so I had my mind made up for me, from the start.

However, in the last few years, I've started to bounce all over the place, and have now settled with.....
> I am a completely open minded atheist. I'm totally willing to listen to anyone, who thinks they have any kind of good info I might have missed on the matter.

I'm a little thick skulled though, so it would probably help if God would just appear here beside me and say something like, "Hey bro, here I am... Got some questions" ? Still waiting for that, though.

Also, it is a LOT easier for me to believe that their is no God(s) than, that their is a God, who just doesn't care if innocent little children suffer and die from starvation, or die of brain cancer..... Or, from a personal standpoint, if I'm alone, and desperately lonely until I die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why is it that most atheists will listen, with an open mind, to anything a religious person has to say.... But as soon as a religious person hears that another person is an atheist, their ears instantly slam shut ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interestingly, I dealt with something super-natural constantly for 8 yrs (85-93')..... But it's still just too far of a jump to think that because we had a ghost, or spirit, or whatever it was, that this means there must be a loving, caring God, too.
Just not buying it. But as I said, I still always try to keep an open mind.

Your thoughts ?

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:53 pm

My take on spirituality is that its not something you can control. :shock:

I think I told you about the parking lot bus driver back in the 80s who called me her angel .... and scared me away!

It has been more than 200 years since anyone could know everything. Before the industrial revolution it was possible then came the industrial revolution when fortunes were made ... or stolen from ... inventors. In the 20th century it began to take a team. We still have "great people" ,,,, Richard Stallman, Ray Kurzweil, Susan Sontag ... but none of us know everything ... or even much. I can't tell you in detail how the water comes to my house or how electricity works.

So ... instead of being an open minded athiest ... I consider myself a believing agnostic. Like the Red Queen in Through the Looking Glass I try to believe in something impossible every day. :D

Return to “Your Story”