The Put A Smile On Your Face Post

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

JonsDragonEyes

The Put A Smile On Your Face Post

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:54 pm

Big thanks to Doogie for helping me with this idea.

I'm in need a million smiles right now and I know so many here probably do too. So for anyone who wants to take part please do.

This is meant for happy comments. It can be anything as small as a funny thing your pet did , finding your favorite cookies in the store on sale , waking up to a sunny day when it was supposed to rain , finding your favorite shirt you thought was lost , seeing your favorite tv show , etc ,...... just ANYTHING as long as it makes you feel ...... H- A- P- P -Y.

So come on everyone let's see how many smiles we can get out of this.

:D

Doogie

Postby Doogie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:39 pm

I guess only fitting that I participate. :)

Aside from the fact that I really should be working right now, I absolutely love camping. We have a travel trailer (too old to sleep on the ground lol) and sitting by the campfire at night with friends and family telling stories always makes me happy. :)

Doogie

Postby Doogie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:54 pm

I really should be working. Lol

Further to camping, we have a golden doodle dog that is an absolute suck. Last year we were camping and decided we were going out and leaving the dog in the trailer. He decided otherwise and he done everything from playing dead to an outright tug of war. It took me 10 mins to "convince" him that he was going into the trailer, only for me to turn around and see that half the campground was gathered around watching me in an almost futile battle. Some of them I think even brought their chairs lol.

Maybe someday i'll tell my Griswold's Xmas tree incident of 2008. My sister was in tears at work laughing when I sent her that email.

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Oh my gosh. ha ha. That is so funny. :P

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Okay then here is mine,

There's a calmness that settles over the hills and mountains here as the sun goes down. It's as if Mother Nature holds her breath as tightly as she can as the last of the sun shines so bright and gold all over the ground and trees.

It's Autumn here now and the trees are starting to put on their coats of red , orange and yellow. The crickets are whispering a song that only other crickets can understand and the first fingers of night time are starting to slip in.

Those fingers will weave around the valleys and fields ever so slowly drawing the dark closer in until one by one the sleepy stars will blink themselves awake in the night sky.

I love this time of year so much... in a way though it's sad. " but not a bad kind of sad " The point in which summer is dying and Autumn is being born.

I will stay outside as much as I can at night watching those stars until it gets too cold to sit out there anymore.

To me that is happiness.
Last edited by JonsDragonEyes on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doogie

Postby Doogie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:21 am

I bet the view is breathtaking when the colours change.

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:34 am

It sure is but wait until the snow starts to fall. All you see is miles and miles of a blanket of white snow. And when the sun shines on it , it sparkles like diamonds.

Doogie

Postby Doogie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:43 am

Looks like it's just us...lol

I actually don't mind the snow...although it can get quite cold where I am. We used to have a woodstove which I absolutely loved....although it was just to much of a pain so I changed it to a natural gas version. It was always so cozy sitting down beside a wood fire.

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Wood stoves are nice but they can catch fire really easily.

I think I have a little bit more of a " put a smile on your face " comment. Fed X was supposed to bring a package here but was really late as always. Plus is was one of my lazy days. So here I am sitting around in my extremely bright purple jammies. I have a very goofy collection of pajamas. I've got dancing monkeys and bananas , sheep and stars , cats with curlers on their heads , ...etc.

And if you think that's silly you should see my slippers. I have HUGE Cookie Monster ones , Piglet from Winnie the Pooh , Valentine ones with gigantic red lips all over them etc... etc...etc.... ha ha. And yes I'm a proud "very much so grown adult " and still have these.

So here I am in my funky purple attire , my hair in a messy ponytail and I hear the sound of a very loud engine coming. So I'm off in a panic and run to the bathroom. It's also laundry day by the way so everything I own is in the dirty clothes basket awaiting the washing machine. " Another bad habit of mine I guess."

I'm throwing dirty clothes literally in all directions looking for my pair of pants. I get dressed ... my hair now is standing in every funky direction possible.... I run out to the living room , out the front door.... down the front steps and into my driveway.....................

And it's only the garbage man.

Doogie

Postby Doogie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Lol...did you at least say hi to him?

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Yeah lol.

Doogie

Postby Doogie » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:16 pm

It's supposed to be a hot sunny weekend (at least where I am)...prob the last before the snow flies. That's making me very happy!!

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:43 pm

Gotta love that sunshine. 8)

Today I was watching my fish and it gave me a happy feeling. Some stores here sell these tiny fish they call " feeders ". Basically they sell them to people that have larger fish that eat them.

I always buy as many as I can so I can save their lives. So right now I have a bunch of feeders in this huge aquarium and they are swimming around happily and never have to worry about being fed to anything.

And that makes me happy and I'm sure it does them too.

Helping people and animal rescue are a really big passion in my life. :wink:

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Another happy thing to add.

There is another stray cat that hangs around here. He only comes out at night. I've been trying so hard to tame him so I can keep him inside with me this winter.

He looks like an older cat. His fur is filthy and he was so skinny when he first came. And his eyes are so sad looking.

I try to give him all kinds of good stuff to eat. Warm milk , table scraps , canned and hard cat food.

Every night I get closer and closer to him. When he sees me put the bowl of food in front of him he gets this look in his eyes. It's a look that I swear I will never forget as long as I live.

I hope he will let me hold him someday. I'll give him the whole world if he let's me. He'll never, ever have to worry about being cold or hungry ever again.

Doogie

Postby Doogie » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:03 am

We used to have these two rabbits that had taken residence under my deck. They were quite tame but not to the point were you could attempt to pick them up. I even went as far as building a house for them with straw (an yes trip to the emergency room) and they never did use it. Every morning they would come out and wait for me to feed them. Eventually they moved on and we would only see them occasionally, but I used to like going out and feeding them...even if they ate my blueberry bushes down to the ground lol

Return to “Your Story”