alone

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

tina818

alone

Postby tina818 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:51 pm

Looking back, i have suffered with depression for a long time. At this point in my life i am so messy. i have to force myself to get up to go to work. i cry on my way to work because it is so hard to function. I have a daughter that has some emotional and behavoirial problems, and i just cant be the mom she needs. I feel like i am on the outside watching my life. i am so detached and it scares me. i have no friends. i sit home on the weekends with nothing to do. i have gotten myself into financial trouble by trying to make myself feel better by shopping.

dd-va

Postby dd-va » Mon May 21, 2012 1:04 am

tina so sorry to hear of your troubles. Have you had any treatment for these feelings? Seen a doctor or therapist? When a child is involved, it is so important that we keep on fighting the fight. Those days when I'm not able to get myself up out of the bed, it is the thoughts of my son that finally give me the strength to move. Thank you for sharing your story/thoughts with us. Take Care

tina818

Postby tina818 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:36 am

I have been seeing a therapist since October. I have been on a 1 week to 2 week visit schedule. It is becoming quite expensive and i owe her a lot of money right now. it makes me kind of mad that i have to pay some one to talk to. i feel like i am paying for a friend.
i know my daughter needs me, but it is so hard to be her parent on a good day and what i feel like right now it is impossible to be a good parent to her.
i work full time, leave the house at 7:30 am and dont get home until around 6 or 6:30pm. I know many others are single parents, but wow.. how do they do it.

dd-va

Postby dd-va » Mon May 21, 2012 12:03 pm

tina, I can definetly understand the battle of raising a child, although I am not a single mom....for so long and so often the responsibilities have been piled upon my shoulders making me feel as if I am all alone. Is there anyone available that can help you out, family, friends? Sometimes it is helpful just to have that day, night alone without having anyone depending on you. Take Care!

Return to “Your Story”