Genuinely alone and overdosing (triggering material)

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

stormolina

Genuinely alone and overdosing (triggering material)

Postby stormolina » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Dont really know how to start it. Im not overdosing to kill myself but to be heard.

NOONE knows how bad i feel, even Drs cos im too polite to say. I have had my barrier up for so long now i dont know how to take it down.

I know my email is like the majority so dont expect a reply and please dont reply because you feel sorry either.

Everyone is so busy with there own lives, noone is truly bothered about anyone else, let alone me who takes everything on the chin.

Going on again. Just makes me feel better to rant. As i say, i know you are all busy with your own issues, of which, if i can help i will. Im a veteran to depression so like to think i might have some advice to share :-)

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Being too polite to say is not a good way to handle things with your doctor. The doc cannot adequately help you if they don't know the whole story and the truth. Look at it this way, this is a person who has dedicated their entire career and life to helping others. By not being open and honest, you are depriving them of success.

Mags13

Postby Mags13 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:29 am

I'm sorry you're struggling, Stormonila. As Obayan has said to you already, please consider being candid with the docs. It's important.

Overdosing is not a solution to the emotional pain that you're feeling - and definitely not a good way to be "heard". Its ramifications to your health could be really serious, even fatal.

You say you're not doing it to commit suicide. But unfortunately, overdosing could really affect your health, including result in your death.

I hope that you can speak honestly with your docs.

balcony

Postby balcony » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Stormolina, no, your email is not like the rest. Each one is personal and important. Your pain deserves to be treated and made to heal as much as possible. As the others have said, the doctors cannot give the best help if they do not know the patient. I encourage you to open up to the professionals and allow them to help you as best they can. I hope you will find support and comfort here as well. Best of luck to you and take care.

Return to “Your Story”