Good news

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

lisalou

Good news

Postby lisalou » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:46 am

had my tribunal on wednesday, appealing against being rejected for disability living allowance. we won! have been awarded the highest rate which is a very decent amount of money, to be paid every month AND backdated to when i originally made my claim which is almost a year ago!!!! so will get a big lump sum which will be extremely helpful. so relieved to know we are now out of poverty and i can start contributing towards the household again. the tribunal was such an ordeal though,I cried and shook my whole way through and was asked some very upsetting questions. still too traumatised and stressed to be jumping for joy but once it sinks in and the money's in my account i will be very grateful indeed. just so glad it's over

also am being referred to the Recovery team at the hospital who provide long-term mental health support which has been a long time coming and is a relief to know i will be getting the help i need. might be doing their day hospital programme so more art groups and group work which i like

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:24 pm

I'm so happy everything worked out right for you! Yay!

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:03 am

thanks obayan. i know money can't buy happiness but it will buy a bit of security and peace of mind and dare i say it - maybe even a little fun?!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:03 am

Lisa.... CONGRATULATIONS!! Wowie.... :shock: YOU DID SO GOOD, GIRL! MAKE SURE TO PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((( lisalou ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:48 pm

thanks crystal and thanks for the huge hug, here's one coming back at'cha

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((( crystalgaze ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:48 am

Hope it keeps up for ya hon!

Return to “Your Story”