is there anyone out there that feels the same way I do?

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

numb87

is there anyone out there that feels the same way I do?

Postby numb87 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:08 am

Everyone else in my life is moving forward with their own lives while I'm still here stranded. I'm already 25 years old, a single mom and i haven't graduated from college. I already stopped going to school 7 years ago because i got pregnant when i was 18... i had no choice but to quit school and raise my daughter alone.. now i can't get a decent job that can actually support my daughter.. my mom is offering to pay for college but i don't think it's a good idea to be surrounded by people who are 7 years younger than me. It makes me feel like a total loser.

I remember my aunt telling me over the phone the day they found out i was pregnant, that i will NEVER be anything in my life because of what i did and that i will always be a loser all my life... i can still remember how much those words hurt.

PLEASE is there anyone out there who feels the same way i do?
Please anyone...

zuu.reiz

Postby zuu.reiz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:05 pm

I don't feel the same way, but I can tell you this: if you go back to college, you will not be a loser, you will be a winner. imagine your daughter telling your story to your grandchildren: "my mom had me very young but still she was strong and managed to raise me alone..."
then you can get a job and people will start looking at you in a very different way, believe me. it's hard what you're going through, but i know you are strong enough to make everything right. make your daughter, aunt, mother, everyone proud. im counting on you :)

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi numb 87,

Dont be afraid to go to college. If your mother is willing to help you with this grab that opportunity with both hands because it will be the best thing you will ever do. I went back to college at 25 and got my degree, it was the best decision I've ever made in my life. There will be people younger than you there, but there will also be people your own age and older I can assure you. It will give you an opportunity to meet new people, make new friends and do something really life changing and positive for both you and your child. It will also help build up your self-esteem and confidence. I say go for it girl!! And never listen to anyone who puts you down or says you can't do it, nobody needs to listen to that kind of negativity. "If you build it they will come". First steps are always the hardest, but if you make that first step you'll never look back, take it from me. Best of luck with everything, and if you decide to go back to college, best of luck with that too. Be well, take care of yourself.

numb87

Thank u guys :)

Postby numb87 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:24 pm

zuu.reiz and Amanda,

Thank you.. what you guys wrote really made me happy.. now im so excited to go back to college... i can't thank you enough.. you made me feel like i can really do this... thanks again... :D

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Oh that's brilliant Numb87!! I'm so happy for you and i'm so glad we could help. The world is your oyster, just remember that :)

azalea

Postby azalea » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm 25 and after a break from college I'm break again and loving it. I was worried because I thought it would be hard to relate to the younger students but I'm surrounding by all ages and walks of life.

bratwuerst

I am 50

Postby bratwuerst » Sat May 12, 2012 11:11 am

I am 50 and my life is still on hold. I can help you get back to college if you have the desire and the educational background to do well there. If you lack the educational framework, I may have suggestions there as well.

I can show you how to get the education you want. If you want it.

Return to “Your Story”