New to the forum

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

worrier2014

New to the forum

Postby worrier2014 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:43 am

Hi,

I am in my early twenties and have recently been diagnosed with depression.

I get so angry with myself, as I don't have a bad life. I have so much to look forward to. I get married soon, bought my first house, have got a great job.

The last few years have een hard. One of my parents were caught cheating with another family member. My biological parent who never took anything to do with me passed away and his children keep trying to contact me however I do not want a relationship with them.

I have been made redundant four times over the past few years. Me and one of my parents did not get along, to be honest, they made my life a misery to the point my step-parent had to get involved.

I got my new house but i hate it, my neighbour likes to play loud music even though we have spoke to them three times about it. I just want to disappear sometimes. I couldn't sleep, was crying all the time, being sick alot and panicking all the time.

My Fiance has been great, he loves me and makes me feel better for a time but then I feel awful again. I am so embarassed to feel this way. Some people have terrible lives nd he I am, worrying about trivial things.

I am on medication with has helped me sleep and takes the edge off but I'm still not myself and I wonder if my old self will be lost forever.

Am I the only one?

Thank you for reading.

nutmeg

Postby nutmeg » Wed May 14, 2014 7:30 pm

Our happiness is somewhat controlled by what those around us have, but it can be hard to compare your happiness to the abstract idea of someone who has it worse off and obviously there are other factors that lead to depression so don't blame yourself for it because you'll likely feel worse. Maybe you need to try a different medication or yoga or something (hard to suggest because different things work for different people)

Return to “Your Story”