What's the weather

“Word Association”, “The Story” and other suitable forum games.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:53 am

(((((((((((( keluca and Obayan )))))))))))))

This is getting to be funny now. More rain, last night, this morning and still more expected. I love a good rain, all it brings to the earth, the plants. Something so peaceful with some storms.

What I have been getting is the heavy rain, the kind if you are caught in it, you are soaked in 10 seconds flat. The 'rock and roll', knock your socks off thunder with lightening that makes it seem like high noon.

LOL, people are trying to put siding on this huge house of mine, building a new porch with a patio deck on the front on the house, ( with french doors), plus electrical motion lights for security, got that picture?

Now picture this, saws, tools, ladders, the french doors/with screens, boxes of siding, trim work, etc., etc., etc., stacked in my living room, family room and some in my kitchen. Can't be left outside in rain or possibly stolen. So I have a pathway.

With the added pressure of, dummy me started a thing with a friend to try and have a block party. Trust me, this wouldn't have happened or been planned for the 26th, this coming Saturday, had I known what was going to happen. Anyways it is a "Get to really know the neighbors" cookout, all being done at my home and hers ( we live side by side). LOL if we don't get rained out. Shortly after that, the 4th of July!!

4th of July is a big event for my small town. Our city park is just a few blocks down from my home, where a carnival comes each year and sits up rides, all for the celebration. So busy street for me. On the 4th we have a parade, and yep you guessed it, goes down my street, right in front of my house. Needless to say I have lots of people here on that day.

So as you can see, rain, rain, and more rain at the present time isn't a good thing. I know the plants, grass and anything that needs the rain has opened up their own swimming pools and probably doing a booming business!

Poor Ebony ( my buddy cat ) has taken to hiding under my bed, ALOT! With the noise of the man lift, saws, drills, hammering, people in and out, he probably thinks "who are these people and where is my home?" Hey, I am beginning to think the same thing. I have my spot with the computer, kitchen for the most part, for I still have to feed people, and my bedroom. The bedroom is OFF LIMITS, that was known from the first day. Must say, some have tried to store things in there and it has been moved very quickly. :)

Sorry for the length, just needed to share, making memories, :) I know once it is done my home will be beautiful on the outside. I will so enjoy that patio, early morning coffee and reading, or relax there after a hot shower before bedtime. Love that I will be there, with no one seeing me, me watching the world pass by below. My own little corner of heaven for now.

Once I would have thought of the moments I would have been sharing this with someone special, but that is the past. So with the newness of my home, so shall it be with sharing my spot of the world with someone that I will know is meant to be there, that wants to be there, and wants to spend that time with me. There are a couple of things that has happened lately, surprised me, no shocked me, but there just may be a new pathway opening up for me. Imagine that!

Guess it is time that I make more coffee, ice tea and snacks, They seem to appreciate that when I take it out to them. Wonder people...what can I say?

Thanks for reading, take care all, off to begin another page of my life, my world. :)

Warmie

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:36 pm

So happy things are going right for you warmie. You deserve some goodness for all the good you put out in the world.

keluca

Postby keluca » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:03 pm

Thank you for sharing, it was lovely reading it :)

Oh My!!!! I think I'm glad I'm not there at the moment with all the storms you are having, I think I would be under the bed with your cat lol

Hope you manage to get the building work done :) and yeah I bet it will look great when finished.

The 4th July sounds like great fun, have you done all the preps you are needing to do. We don't do anything here, I bet the atmosphere is great there.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:26 pm

(((((((( Obayan )))))))))))))

Thank you, although I know a few that disagree with you.

((((((((( keluca ))))))))))))

Not yet, it will be very close this year. Just getting the house 'presentable' then my normal cooking, which is a lot actually.

There is talk of starting on the inside of house, soon, and I just can't imagine what that will be like, knowing the mess inside the house with the work being done on the outside of the house. If that makes sense.

Thinking when that time comes I should have plans for a very long vacation, LOL.

Again, thanks for letting me share with you.

Warmie

keluca

Postby keluca » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:40 am

Well Another warm day here, not quite as warm as yesterday but the heat is meant to be turned up again in the next few days

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Ugh. I hate the heat. Triggers my heart problems every time.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:12 pm

HOT HOT HOT, people melting!!!!! And yes, now it is raining....

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Quite hot and sunny here. I can feel the quite hot sunshine through the library windows.
( And, our terrifying subtle Welsh plot to control the world continues... 8) :wink: Apparently, Australia has a new Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, Australia's first female PM. And, she was born in WALES, ( 8) :lol: ) in Barry in 1961. Apparently, she contracted a severe lung infection as a baby, so her parents left Wales for Australia seeking warmer climes in which to raise their daughter.
It's nice to see a Welsh girl doing well. As, the Doctor said in the last episode of Doctor Who: " Never underestimate a Celt. " :lol:
Yes, I know...nothing to do with the weather, just wanted to share... :lol: :wink:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:36 pm

((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind ))))))))))))

You mentioned the weather, silly. You just added, as I have. LOL.

So, still hot here, not like yesterday high 90's plus heat index, but lower 90's with still the heat index. Rain last night, and possible rain today..

Now neighborhood party here on Saturday, so hoping the rain stays away for that. Work still going on outside the house.

Keep the stories coming....

Warmie

keluca

Postby keluca » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:43 pm

well another hot day here and more to come now.

They have already started stressing about us maybe needing stand pipes grrrr

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:10 pm

Inside house... air is on.... lights are on.... yep. Still cool and sunny here. :)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:35 pm

(((((((((( Obayan ))))))))))))

LOL, air is on, lights on, cat in house, me outside melting. ( in for a cool cloth and a drink of cold water.) Think I would get rid of the weight now wouldn't you.

Warmie

pablos

Postby pablos » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Its been raining here until this past weekend. Cloudy the first two days. last 2 days this week warm,..., upper 70's. Nice :)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:23 pm

((((((((( pablos )))))))))))))))

The 70's, sounds like heaven!!!! Lucky you!

Warmie

keluca

Postby keluca » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:47 pm

Been another hot day, but late on tonight we had a down pour and a few grumbles of thunder

Return to “Games Forum”