social anxiety

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

laneebm

social anxiety

Postby laneebm » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:27 am

I have social anxiety and major depression.. klonopin and inderal really helps together for the anxiety attacks.. Been taking them for a long time..
Works wonders for me.. Wishing you all luck..

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:54 am

Glad you found something that works for you.

Please keep in mind that we each have a different physiology and therefore will react to the same meds differently. That's why it takes a trained professional to monitor our progress. So that we can achieve the right med/combo/doseage to fit our individual needs.

SMcGregor

Postby SMcGregor » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:26 am

Emotional “baggage” can be a real curse. We can often let it hang around in our mind creating further negativity. We know that negative thoughts attract negative thoughts … and this can lead to fear and anxiety, lack of self confidence and self esteem, depression, illness, disease, and more.

Learn Peaceful Place techniques and meditate, changing any negativity by using the process of acceptance, co-operation, unconditional love and forgiveness.

dougsan

SPEAK UP

Postby dougsan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Social discomfit is quite common. I did a lot of public speaking when I was working and always remembered Helen Hayes (GREAT American stage actress) saying she was so nervous before each play she had to throw-up.

Domenico

Postby Domenico » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:16 pm

This is fantastic; but how do you react with an unknown? Sometimes I feel no motivation to get recognized with someone new. Will it work out for me too?

DannyBoi

Postby DannyBoi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:37 pm

i wouldnt say its a phobia as such, but in big crowds or groups i always feel soooooo uncomfortable!! the same feeling as if im being watched! sometimes i get this feeling even just walking down the street!! its pretty annoying :(

LuisSteven

Postby LuisSteven » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:02 am

Hi laneebm,

Don't avoid things. Every time you avoid an event, person, or a situation - you let your Social Anxiety win. You will be proud of yourself later and feel much more confident in social situations. The more you avoid an uncomfortable situation, the worse it can become. Find people who are right for you. Choose those who make you happiest over those who look popular and cool; you'll find out how fake the latter tend to be soon enough. Be positive.

EccaEccalyptus

Re: social anxiety

Postby EccaEccalyptus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:53 am

I've had bad social anxiety for over 6 years now...

It got so bad that I think I am developing agoraphobia now. I don't want to leave my house due to fear, but I do want to leave at the same time. But when I leave I have a panic attack, even if I am not consciously aware of it or not. Sometimes I ask myself "What the H311 is wrong with me?"

Return to “Phobias”