What music do you listen to?

Please observe all copyright laws.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

shmuel

What music do you listen to?

Postby shmuel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:22 pm

I,myself can`t just sit or lie there and listen to music... music makes me wanna move,get involved.Music makes me feel involved.So I dance,sway,sing etc with the music.At the moment I`m regularly listening to :
The Smiths .. the early stuff.. part of my youth :D
Little Charlie & the Nightcats... a great swing,jump blues band.Fantastic lyrics and Little Charlie is amazing on Guitar.
Django Reinhardt... just love that style.
I would love to know how you use music in your life.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:37 pm

I am listening to..

Fireflight - You Decide

LOL.. right now anyway.

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Right this second... Depeche Mode "Policy of Truth" -- just as it's on random really. Damned good song though!

Actually, you've inadvertently talked me into listening to some early Smiths... "Pretty Girls Make Graves" and alike seem like a good option. I've not heard that album, "The Smiths" for ages, time for a reprise...

I hope you're doing well shmuel -- I've not talked to you for ages. I know quite a few having been asking about you in the chat room.

Take care shmuel and Emotional_77

Stephen

Ryaninatree

Postby Ryaninatree » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:27 pm

I unforionately like very emotional music so to speak. Alkaline Trio sings many great songs about relationships going bad. Also like old Modest Mouse. Any deep thinkers out there should find interest in Tool. Those guys are such deep thinkers-I never knew this till a friend revealed it to me. What they are singing about is so deep it is amazing and a little hard to fully comprehend.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:41 pm

currently listening to:

Buckcherry - Crazy Bitch

hehehehe :D

illGuyX

I like listening to various

Postby illGuyX » Fri May 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Depending on my mood

If I am careful and creative, I play classical
If I am energetic and creative, I play relaxing
If I am slugglish and creative, I play rock and roll

If I am really low all together I tend to look for understanding and support.

Just a small snippet of the kind of music I like
^^

Summer in the City(Lovin Spoonfuls)
Beatles
Beach Boys
One
JukeBox (Bent Frabic)
Tusk, (Fleetwood Mac)
99 Red Balloons go flying by ^^

tepieStar

Postby tepieStar » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:29 pm

Linkin Park!! is my favorite band. if i'm angry or upset, it cheers me up right away.

but i am in love with Bethany Joy Galeotti. she's toured and released some indie albums. unfortunately epic/sony dropped her album last year. she's also an actress on the WB/CW tv show One Tree Hill, playing Haley James Scott, who happens to be a musician too. in the season finale the show featured her song. buy her new song off itunes.

"Feel This" - Bethany Joy Galeotti feat Enation. i love it!! she makes me want to make music again. even though i know i don't have any talent or drive. hehe.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:10 pm

(((((((((((((shmuel))))))))))))))))))))

All kinds of music, or whatever should be on the radio. I am not too picky. LOL

Warmie/Jeanie 8)

Lynne

Postby Lynne » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:26 pm

I am currently loving a new artist by the name of Adele. She's from Britain and she's awesome!

Some of my favorite artists include: Tori Amos, Ani DiFranco, Emm Gryner, Patty Griffin, Sarah MacLachlan, Ben Folds, Damien Rice, Jen Foster, Chris Pureka, Dar Williams. I could go on, but I'll spare you! I am kind of a music fanatic, LOL. However, I myself possess no great musical talent. I can sing reasonably on key/in tune, but that's about it. And I did play the flute and recorder (I know, everyone played the recorder in elementary or junior high school) many years ago. :D

MoMac

RE Adele

Postby MoMac » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:25 pm

I really like Adele's song Chasing Pavement. I also like Alanis Morrisette, Bryan Adams(it's light hearted music), and what ever comes on the radio. A mixture's best. Heartbreakers are my faviourite of the moment but it's always changing.

Lynne

Postby Lynne » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:47 pm

MoMac

I really like that song too!

She has gotten all these comparisons to Amy Winehouse, but there seems to be quite a bit of difference (other than voice similarity). I have a CD of Amy Winehouse, but I really don't care for her that much.

newguy

Postby newguy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:25 am

When I'm angry I like to listen to ANGRY music like Heavy Metal or Punk rock. The ANGRY tune going on in my head atm is Am I Eeeeevil.....Yes I am! by Metallica

When the kids are in the car I stick to oldies and doo wop. I'm particularly fond of Rama Lama Ding Dong by the Edsels.

When it's just me or I'm feeling like a normal human being I like to listen to classic rock or good old fashioned country music like the Statler Brothers, Alabama, CCR and Leonyrd Skynyrd.

Right now I have the Hollies version of the Mighty Quinn going (best version of the tune ever in my opinion.) "...everybody's in despair, every girl and boy. But when Quinn the eskimo gets there everybody's gonna jump for joy!"

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Wow, Newguy you like different varieties of music. Nice :)
I'm into anything from hard rock to country to pop.. can not stand rap or hip hop..

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:43 am

((((((((((((((((( Emotional )))))))))))))))))))

You sound like me, LOL, poor you.

Warmie 8)

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:30 am

((((((Jeanie)))))))

Return to “Music”