A BritChic introduction

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

BritChic

A BritChic introduction

Postby BritChic » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Hello everyone, I am a 47 year old woman and have been depressed for about 15 years. I am on Wellbutrin now after just changing from Effexor.
My father was bi-polar and he died at age 49 from his third heart attack. I have 2 sisters who are also depressed.

I am a stay at hom mom with 2 children who are now both in school. I am substituting in the school system and work about 3 days a week.

I would say that I have a mild case of depression. I am able to function and perform daily chores. But I think too much! I am constantly telling myself that I should be doing more, or should be doing something else. Now that I'm on the Wellbutrin I am sleeping less, I could sleep 20 hours a day! :D The Wellbutrin helps me get out of bed and feel good when I wake up instead of still tired.

I am British but have lived in Ohio for 35 years. I wish I could move back to England, but with my family here it would be difficult.

My husband always seems to push my buttons. Which could be my fault because I don't tell him not to.

I wish I had more friends that I could talk to, and I am hoping that you kind folks will be my friends. :)

Mich

Postby Mich » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Welcome BritChic - I am a 46 year old woman, with 2 kids, on Wellbutrin so we are quite similar in those regards. I am glad you have found this forum. It is filled with compassionate and caring people who are always willing to reach out to people in need. It has truly been a lifeline for me. I hope you will keep posting and let us get to know you better.

Marc Heart

Postby Marc Heart » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi britchic pleased to meet you hope you enjoy this forum I have been here a couple of day s an it seems very supportive a awarm caring space

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:20 am

Hello & welcome! :-)

Wonder

Postby Wonder » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:14 pm

I'm new here too and know what it was like to raise kids with depression and not have friends who could understand. This seems like a great place to share and be understood . . .

Return to “New Member Introductions”