Failures

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

findingself

Failures

Postby findingself » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:47 pm

It's been a year since my college graduation. I already apply to a job twice. The first one was right after I graduated and the second one was like 4 days ago. None worked out. They didn't give me a call. I don't know what's wrong with me when I always make sure to give my best during interviews. My mom even bought a new dress for my very first interview, but it was a failure. I am a failure. I don't want to disappoint my parents anymore and I am so embarrass of myself. Why am I like this? everything I do seems to fail. My friends, specially my best friend, always succeed with what she does. On the other hand, there's me who is always a disappointment. I can't sleep well anymore I always think about it. I just wanna go now.

Jtw

Re: Failures

Postby Jtw » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:02 am

Respectfully, you can't consider yourself a failure after two attempts. The only real failures in life are the people who never try. Don't give up after every little setback, just keep going.
Maybe you lack confidence? Work on focusing on what you're good at and build on that.

j2415

Postby j2415 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi- Please don’t think you are a failure because you are not. My husband, when he graduated college, it took him more than a year before he found a job. Every day he would go out and apply but no suitable job for him. While waiting, he continued to educate himself by reviewing what he studied in college. Most of the time he would go to the library and read. Thank God he did not give up. I’m sorry you are going through this but I hope you will remain hopeful.

I pray that you will have the job you need and peace while you are waiting. Take care, God bless.

Who,me?

Postby Who,me? » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:15 pm

You are not a failure. That is first and foremost.
You made no mention of your degree, so we will just talk in generic terms. I am in awe that you graduated, the time and effort that you put in just to get that scroll says so much about you. Try to understand that the market is flush with applications just now. Yes, the job that you get may not be what your degree is in right now but please try again. I have been out here a loooong time and have a great reputation in my industry but it took years of just getting by to get where I am now.
As far as your friend goes please try not to read too much into it. Some folks are just like that, everything just falls into place for them. Then for some of us nothing comes easy, it is always a struggle.
You can write if you would like. I am only able to access internet once or twice a week but I promise I will respond. Drop into the chat area if you can, even just to see where some folks are becomes a first step to feeling better(I hope).
Try, try and try again. It hurts sometimes but i for one will root for you.

Return to “Your Story”