Stuck

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

NewWestGuy76

Stuck

Postby NewWestGuy76 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:06 am

Hello. I'm new here.

I'm feeling stuck like I cant get out of this negative thinking. There are a number of factors in my life that are a source of stress for me at the moment and I'm having a very hard time seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

I've recently seen a clinical councilor, once. I am considering seeing another. I'm not really sure that talking about my problems helps me to overcome them. Talking about them is like reliving them and it seems to keep me stuck.

Not sure about what to do.

sofia8687

Re: Stuck

Postby sofia8687 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:20 am

Hello..
I kind understand how you feel because I also have depression and well.. When I wake up everyday and put on my "mask" I found myself almost all the time thinking about things in the past,pitying myself and just being very pessimistic about myself and my future..Since I am not lucky enough to find people that I want in my life (I want to but when I open up ,people seem to forget all about me the next day or so).I am basically left all alone with my pessimistic thoughts and pain of loneliness..
I find it very hard to keep myself busy and I kinda force myself to stay motivated and dedicated to a hobby or something that I might enjoy and as time passed the bad thoughts don't occupy my mind as often as they used to.
I think that a councilor helps you understand your situation and gives you other perspectives on the matter,if it makes you feel bad do not push yourself into doing something you don't enjoy doing .Just try to keep yourself motivated and busy with something that you enjoy doing also if you can try to see if you can keep away from the stress sources that exist in your life.
That's all I wanted to tell you ,not sure if it helped you but it's just my humble opinion :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”