ANXIETY,PANICAL ATTACKS AND HIGH STRESS LEVELS IN MY LIFE-help me please

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

alexandra321

ANXIETY,PANICAL ATTACKS AND HIGH STRESS LEVELS IN MY LIFE-help me please

Postby alexandra321 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:40 am

Hello,I am new here.My name is Alexandra.I am 14 yo.I don't know how to start this topic.It's so hard.I was always an introvert.I had only one close friend.When I was 10,she went to another school.I never saw her again.After she went to another school,I started to cut myself.I had many suicidal thoughts.I was alone.I felt hopeless.But I put myself together and since I was 11 I never thought about killing myself.I stopped my self-harm.Well,for short period of time.I still cut myself little bit.Now since I was 13 I have to deal with another problems:Panic attacks,social anxiety and stress.Maybe you think:Stress?It's not that bad. Well,I am stressed about everything.Even from simple things like what I will wear today or if I will have time to wash my hair today.At first it was not that bad,but then many health problems appeared.

Every day is like a battle.I can win or loose.I mostly loose.I don't know why,but most of my class is jealous of me.Why?They always told me:I wish I can be you.You are so smart and so lucky.I always want to laugh.I'd rather be stupid girl with no health problems,than smart with depression.

My parents don't know about my problems.I can't tell them.So that's why I reached this site for help.I will be happy if you'll help me.Thank you.

PS.I know,it's written badly,but English is not my language.

living2

Re: ANXIETY,PANICAL ATTACKS AND HIGH STRESS LEVELS IN MY LIFE-help me please

Postby living2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi Alexandra, I'm so sorry you've been feeling like this, you're right these are very real emotions that you're feeling.
I know it seems hopeless right now, but you life has so much more in store than you think! You are so precious and valuable to God who created you. He sees everything and is greater than anything you are facing.

Is there someone else - a responsible adult - that you can talk to about this? A teacher or school counselor, other family member, or a youth pastor? If you are still feel and think about harming yourself, please reach out to someone! You can also call the New Hope Telephone Counseling Center at 714-639-4673 or the National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-6264.

You don't have to go through this alone, many others are in the same situation as you!

Big hugs to you my dear

Orchaid Lover

Postby Orchaid Lover » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Honestly, dealing with school and depression sucks. The best the that has happened to me in a long time was graduating school last year. It's stressful and all you want to do is never go back there again, as least it was like that for me. I know that doesn't really work as advice but honestly the most helpful response I'd ever gotten on here was from someone simply saying they understood what I was going through.

You could try talking to your school/ school counselor about this stuff. Most schools do have programs that are meant to help. One of the things my school did was if I ever needed a break in class I could leave and go to the guidance office.

If you don't feel comfortable talking to an adult about this stuff, and honestly I wouldn't blame you because I never did, then if you have a close friend that you trust you should try talking to them. And you can always PM me if you need a sympathetic ear.

alexandra321

Postby alexandra321 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:01 am

Hello Janine.
Thank you for your words.I am glad that I could read your story.

I am little bit afraid to tell my parents.Both were suffering from depression and I don't want them to feel sad or worried.I keep my journal and I always write my emotions there and it really helped me.What should I do?

Alexandra

alexandra321

Postby alexandra321 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:13 am

Dear Orchaid Lover.
Thank you for your nice reply.Sadly my school don't do these type of programs.I'd love to graduate school now.But I am still in elementary school (our school system is different,we are in elementary school from ages 6-15/16).I have one close friend and I told her about my feelings and he helped me a lot.I am glad that I found this site with many friendly people.Can I PM you sometimes?That will help me so much.

Alexandra

Orchaid Lover

Postby Orchaid Lover » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:46 am

Alexandra321, you can PM me whenever. I'm really glad you've talked to your friend. I've seen doctors and therapists and been put on medication but honestly if it weren't for my two best friends I wouldn't be here and doing as well as I am right now. Having someone that I'm close with and can share this with has definitely been the most helpful thing for me personally. And the people here are really great cause it's a reminder that you aren't alone in dealing with this kinds of feelings. I hope you're feeling better. :D

Return to “Your Story”