I tried watercolour painting

Poetry, short stories, paintings, photography, songs – art of all genres.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Ellie

I tried watercolour painting

Postby Ellie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:34 am

I used to write when I was a kid but I quit. I can't remember why, probably lost interest. I tried writing again some years ago, but I couldn't write anything I was satisfied with. I know it's "normal" because I've lost years of practice but I still felt frustrated. No, I think I was devastated. There were times that I couldn't even hold a pen and I stopped reading any piece of literature. Tried going back to it last year but still, all I was able to produce were trash. I wrote some for my friends, they liked it but I couldn't even read them after I wrote them. So now, I've completely given up on writing.

I tried painting to fill the void, and I like it (so far).

ImJohn

Re: I tried watercolour painting

Postby ImJohn » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:16 am

Hi Ellie,

Just a quick note to say thanks for posting your artwork (I think it's really good by the way) and to ask you a favour ...

A little while ago some of us were trying to work out how to post picture on this site but couldn't make it work. Would it be possible for you to write up some instructions so that others can post their creations too.

Many thanks

John :D

P.S. Please keep some hope for yourself - you're worth it!

Ellie

Postby Ellie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:10 pm

ImJohn wrote:Just a quick note to say thanks for posting your artwork (I think it's really good by the way) and to ask you a favour ...

Thank you, John.

ImJohn wrote:Would it be possible for you to write up some instructions so that others can post their creations too.

Sure. I'll just post the instructions here and feel free to create a new thread so other users can see it where it's more accessible.

I use https://imgbb.com/ to host the pictures.
Just upload the images there.
After uploading, the screen should look like this.

The Embed Codes is set to Viewer Links. Change it to BBCode Full Linked then copy the embed code provided in the textbox below.
The code should look like this

Code: Select all

[url=https://ibb.co/fUc3U7][img]https://preview.ibb.co/iBeHp7/10.png[/img][/url]

Just paste the codes in your forum post or reply. Should work on both.

Ellie

athena.vhd

Postby athena.vhd » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:02 am

they are amazing!!
i believe that art could help us so much...
i sometimes write poems and i feel great when i finish writing....
i have always wished that i could be able to paint sth.
but iv never succeeded.
good for u that u can do that.

Ellie

Postby Ellie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:10 am

athena.vhd wrote:they are amazing!!

Thank you, athena.vhd. ♥

athena.vhd wrote:i believe that art could help us so much...

I agree. It's a good distraction from all the usual negative thoughts for me.

athena.vhd wrote:i sometimes write poems and i feel great when i finish writing....

Wish I could read your poems some time.

athena.vhd wrote:i have always wished that i could be able to paint sth.
but iv never succeeded.
good for u that u can do that.

I also thought that I couldn't paint. I've always been hesitant in trying new things because I'm afraid of failure and whenever I fail, I can't stop on hating myself and I don't want to hate myself more than I already do. But for some reason, I tried painting. Probably because of my deepest longing to express myself and be understood.

I believe that you can succeed in painting. I believe anyone can and everyone can. There's just this misconception that someone needs to have the talent and be "really good" in his/her craft to be considered a real artist. But in actuality, no one was born with the knowledge of painting, literature, sculpture, etc and I don't think that it's the knowledge/skill that makes an art an art. It's the thought the creator has in his/her mind when he/she is creating that art and I believe that there's beauty in everything that comes from our mind because they are the reflection of our experiences, philosophy, perspective. Our reality. Our lives. And that's beautiful.

I hope you'll try again/keep on painting. And I wish I could see your works one day. I'm looking forward to it. :wink:

ImJohn

Postby ImJohn » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi Ellie,

Just a quick note to say thanks for typing up the instructions. You're a real star, very clever, an amazing person and a super heroine. If I had a son (I have two actually) you're just the sort of lady I'd want them to be involved with.

I hope you have a lovely day.

Best wishes.

John. :D

Return to “Art Work”