Always in bed, never asleep.

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Lethargic Lunacy

Always in bed, never asleep.

Postby Lethargic Lunacy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:39 am

I don't think I've left the house in a month. I moved back in with my parents thinking that I needed to take a break from life to get my mental health under control. That backfired. When I was on my own I was nervous all of the time and my moods were chaotic and extreme but at least I was forced to go to work and interact with people. I had to shower regularly and go to the store. Now those things seem so...big. Now I only leave my bed to go to the bathroom or get a snack. And even though I'm always in bed I can never sleep. I take short naps throughout the day when others are at work and stare at my ceiling all night.

I'm supposed to go to grad school but for two years in a row I've been too depressed to reach out to professors at the appropriate time. Occasionally the aggressive apathy will lift and I'll get something done but by the time the application is due or the professor responds its back and no concrete progress is ever made. I have to do something. I feel like I'm just waiting to die.

If you're going to tell me to just get over it; hold my nose and jump in, save it. It's hard to get better when the only time you actually care about getting better is once a month at 2:00 in the morning.

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to motivate myself when I just don't care. I'm on medication. I've tried the whole therapy thing. I'm stuck. Has anyone else gone through this and gotten to the other side? What did you do?

Lelouch925

Re: Always in bed, never asleep.

Postby Lelouch925 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:45 am

Hey buddy. I haven't go to the other side but i'm trying. i'm in a similar situation as u are. I missed so many things just because i don't wanna go out. I'm finding motivation and myself.i'm a mess but one thing holding me together is, "Tomorrow might be better than today, if i don't live till tomorrow how would i know when it gets better". Own up your pain. Life has to go on. How long do u wanna stay in bed? No one is gonna rescue you if you don't safe yourself. Start slowly, go out.. U need to begin somewhere and everything else will follow.

Return to “New Member Introductions”