Feeling quite Low lately

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Momjw

Feeling quite Low lately

Postby Momjw » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Feelings of regret are making me feel down. Past mistakes, feeling unworthy in the present day, wishing for more than what I have. Is this normal? I have a 7 month old and I am afraid that me feeling this way might be interfering with my parenting but I don't know. I only just realized how down I was the other week. We booked a Christmas holiday. For 2 whole weeks. I should have been excited but it was a really bad day for me. I couldn't snap out of feeling bad. What is wrong with me? I don't want to throw depression out there to my partner because I don't feel like I am depressed, but would I be able to tell? I am questioning whether it's just my past guilty feelings, feelings of regret surfacing, rather than depression but I don't know anymore. I always feel like I have a guilty conscience for something or other. I have to say my home situation has left me a bit withdrawn from the world I suppose. I live away from my family. I never get out of the house. Unless I'm driven somewhere. I have done this to myself in a way, I always say tomorrow I will go for a walk... but never do! I know the fresh air will help but I can't seem to change my ways. Any advice would be much appreciated

ahhope4u

Re: Feeling quite Low lately

Postby ahhope4u » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:36 pm

I am sorry; but you are reaching out, thats a great thing. It is scary as hell- if LO is only 7 months, I would go back to the Dr first and let him know, hormones are a real possibility. But there are lots of things you can try besides a walk- even yoga or stretching for 10 min will help and will add up. (the yo-go dog way) Music-baby playtime- bubble baths- pick up the phone- teach your tummy to force a laugh- (it easy -pretend you are the villian in a cheezy movie and when you laugh villanously - make it a deep fake belly laugh- our brains can't tell the difference) eating healthy is great, as well as tumeric in your cooking- just do it- it is hard with a LO -lack of sleep- the feeling of isolation- talk to your hubby and family, sharing is important. There are support groups in community organizations or church groups, and it is important to educate yourself and stick with reliable sources-focus on family has articles and information and they can help find the right support in your local area, if it is recommended to get some short term counselling. Many Blessings

Return to “Your Story”