Need somebody to listen..

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

longoverdue1

Need somebody to listen..

Postby longoverdue1 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:57 pm

I am having an incredibly hard time handling my depression. I recently got diagnosed and my DR said I have been suffering for years. I mistook this for the longest time as just being over stressed. I dont know how to explain my feelings or anything else to anybody. I cry more than I need too and I just get so upset on the inside. I told a few close people and only 2 understand. I know I cant make people understand what I am going through, but it is very discouraging hearing that my own mother is afraid to talk to me cause she is worried that she will upset me. My boyfriend brushes it off and has told me that everybody gets depressed and the other day he even said to me "whatever is wrong with you" when I told him I wasnt having a good day. I may be over-reacting but it hurts. I just do not know what to do. I hold stuff in so much because I cant explain what I am feeling and that makes me even more frustrated. I just need somebody to listen, to help, to let me know it will be okay.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Need somebody to listen..

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi there, thanks for telling us your story.

I think you have been really brave opening up to us. You may of found it difficult to talk to people you don't know but you did it.

I can understand completely how you feel. You shouldn't blame yourself for not knowing the truth. As you said you may of just thought the signs were related to stress which is also can be caused of stress the feeling low, tiredness etc.

I'm sorry to hear you can't talk to anyone close how you feel. Have you been to see a doctor? Are you able to talk over the phone? It might help you to open up a bit. Would that be a good idea

You should not try to keep things bottled up. I know it may seem like people can't help you but they don't know how to help you. You could trying writing down how you feel, asking them when you need space or letting them know how they can help, that way they can be more supportive.

If you need someone to talk to the smaritians are always there for people. Do u live in UK?

I hope that helps

Take Care and Good Luck

bellabuck

Postby bellabuck » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:02 am

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I understand. When I was diagnosed and I looked back at my life, I realized I'd been dealing with depression off and on since my teens, maybe even earlier. Family never understood, friends didn't either. In fact, I lost several friends over the years because of my depression. I didn't understand it and neither did they. BUT...I finally got the courage to talk to a counselor. Was that the magic pill I'd been looking for? Nope. In fact I went through 2 counselors before landing on the right one. The third one was the charm. I find this to be true with Dr's too. If you have one that isn't listening to you, or helping you, find one that will. They're out there. The most important thing is to seek help and never stop asking for it. You are your own best advocate, I've learned that over the years, and I've got a great support team now, including friends who listen and understand. As I've been able to express myself better, the friendships have grown with care and understanding. My faith in God has also proved invaluable. He is my best friend, my best counselor, my best physician, my best advocate. As I've dealt with depression over this past year due to a job loss, my relationship with God has grown so intimate. I'm trusting him to lead as opposed to me taking charge like I've done in the past. He is my Rock! I'm praying for you, that you'll find the right help. Be persistent in your search, and never stop asking for help.

longoverdue1

Postby longoverdue1 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:34 pm

Thank you two for taking the time to reply to my post. It felt really nice to write it all out. I am still struggling with trying to find out how to deal with certain things and reminding myself to do what is best for me. However, I have reached out to two of my professors and even started thinking about going to the school's therapy program. I

Kazzy555

Postby Kazzy555 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:45 pm

:| m fed up and really depressed im in a refuge and thought I was helping my partner who ive been with for 20 years he turned nasty and I had to go o get incredibly lonely even though I can be surrounded by people I always went back before but now I cant its just the way it is I used to think ill go back and things will get better but ive finally realized they wont he had his lovable side I miss that now everythings so quiet its like im in suspension here even though everyone cares here

TheErickDaniel

Postby TheErickDaniel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi longoverdue, text me what usually triggers these emotions, I want to help +1 714-886-6581

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”