Private Message

How to improve the forums – alternatively visit our contact page.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Monty

Private Message

Postby Monty » Mon May 04, 2009 4:59 pm

I am not one of the more computer literate people in this forum.

I enjoy getting the notifications when there has been a message added to threads that I have been following.

When I found an email mentioning something about a private message. I clicked on the site that was indicated in the orginal message (from you), my computer went to the site, but there it just said that the inbox was empty.

I cant recall being at that section of the forum.

I would enjoy having personal email contact with some of the members whose threads I have been following.

Though I must admit I am somewhat miffed as to what is going, on.
Should I be doing something different.

I was away for pretty well the whole weekend so am kind of behind with stuff but any kind of help would be appreciated.

Just make sure the instructions are simple.
When I started school, they were still chiseling into tablets.

Thanks

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Mon May 04, 2009 7:53 pm

* hugs * Monty.

I've had this happen to me a few times. The site sends out a message saying you've received a new Private Message, and when you get to your inbox here on the forums there is nothing in it.

I think what happens is that someone does send a Private Message, the site sends out a message saying so, and then the person sending the message changes their mind and deletes the Private Message before you get to read it.

I'm not sure if that makes much sense, but that's my theory. So, in my humble opinion it's nothing you're doing wrong Monty.

I hope this helps :)

Stephen

Monty

Postby Monty » Tue May 05, 2009 10:10 am

Thanks for your suggestion Stephen.

Like I said, I don't have very much computer experience, and have never been on a forum like this, so when this problem arose I was truly baffled as too what was going on. Also what I could do to rectify it.

Your explanation sounds quite plausible.

Again, thanks

Aurelia5

Postby Aurelia5 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:44 am

Hi Stephen -

I really like the photo of paper under your name. Have you seen Tuxs'? It's really good too.

But because I am really far away from being able to learn anything new on this computer, you don't need to even think about telling me how it works.

Your new pal,

A5

Aurelia5

Postby Aurelia5 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi Monty-
If we can figure out how to do it, I'd be happy to give you my email address. Maybe Amy can help us. I don't know if you've seen any of my recent posts, but I lost 2 really good letters because I accidently hit ENTER or something, and one of them I was finished with - a long one that I sweated blood over for an hour and a half- and hit PREVIEW and it wanted me to log in again and wiped out the letter. I was fuming mad for a good half hour, tried to write aim a letter and messed it up too, and then was so mad I just said to hell with it, I'll write later when I'm not so damn mad. That is a technical problem that I KNOW there is someone there that can be convinced to fix it. That was a good letter too.

Let me know what you think.

A5

Monty

Postby Monty » Sun May 24, 2009 1:14 am

Aurelia,

I also would be more than willing to give you my private email address.

If the powers that be, could help us two old ladies to figure out how to do this. It would be appreciated.

Sounds like we both have challenges when it comes to the computer stuff. I do enjoy the forum very much, so keep finding my way back here.

Take care

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Sun May 24, 2009 11:54 am

monty,
you can send aurelia the message via a pm... you can find the button located at the bottom of her message click on the pm button and then it will take you to a screen that is blank just like when u do the posts. enter a subject then type in the body like normal. in the end i believe it says send or submit. i hope this is helpful to help you send a message to aurelia.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:35 pm

(((((((((((( Monty and Aurelia )))))))))))))))

You both seems to be more comfortable with this site, and really, it is 'User friendly'.

Luck with it, and be like I was, lots and lots of notes/instructions. :)

Warmie

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon May 25, 2009 1:31 am

Thanks for you help Peach.

Sounds simple enough, even for me.

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Mon May 25, 2009 11:09 am

your welcome monty! hope you can see what im talking about... lol i have odd ways of explaining things it seems like. ask my family, its mostly did you see that or look there at that thing thats round... no lie... lmao

Monty

Postby Monty » Tue May 26, 2009 9:34 am

Peach,

Tried your suggestion and it seems to have worked ok.

Thanks

aim

Postby aim » Tue May 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Hey Monty-girl! PM me anytime!!!!

crybaby1086

Postby crybaby1086 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:16 pm

I'm having the same issue to. I get a message saying I have a pm. But when I check it says I have no new messages. This has happened twice now.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”