Good things about today.

Other hobbies and interests.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

no_answer

Good things about today.

Postby no_answer » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:16 pm

I woke up alone. But there is no one to criticize me. It is so good to be in control of your self-esteem.
I looked out of the window and at the thermometer. It is cold. But I got plenty of layers of clothes to put on. Somewhere, in the southern hemisphere it is 100 degrees, humid and power outages prevent air conditioning from easing the sting of heat. The people are out of their mind flocking to the beaches to be in the water....but the piranhas are out of their mind too, for the water is too warm for comfort and there is nothing to do but bite the people who are out of their mind from heat, humidity and power outages. It is so good to live in the temperate northern climate with plenty of clothes.
I'm getting ready to jog hopefully 5-6 miles in the hilly terrain. My knee hurts every time I do that. But with enough concentration on my stride I can minimize the pain. And there are some people who cannot even run 100 yards because their knees are so bad, still others end up having their limbs amputated and use prosthetic to move around. It is so good to still be capable of running and experiencing the adrenaline high it brings so frequently.
What are the good things about your day so far?

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Aww.

(((Hugs)))

Having someone who cares about me and who loves me for me.
Also to have a mum(new one) who loves me!

no_answer

Postby no_answer » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:30 pm

That's a good thing you came up with, CrazyLady.
I got it, too, but didn't even mention. So easy for humans to start taking good things for granted and ignore the fact you have them (aka hedonic adaptation).
I hope to find more good things after I'm back from my run.
Take care for now.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Thank you :)
Yes me too!
Made my day. This thread is amazing. And I hope to add one everyday :)

no_answer

Postby no_answer » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Got my adrenaline rush as expected. Some people have to resort to medication to achieve it. They have to live with unpleasant side effects with no benefit of fitness. It is good to have an occasional joint or muscle pain as the side effect of my "medicine" that over the years improved my fitness level and modulated my mood swings for more than 25 years.
It is good to have my pain on the downhills. I always respected the uphills for the effort and strain they involved but neglected the downhills, only used them as a reward for tackling a long steep uphill. I tried not to think of an uphill while mindlessly striding downhill. Now, it changed drastically. The downhills are treacherous minefields where the pain can strike at any moment I loose my concentration and place my foot improperly. The uphills are just a pure bliss of hyperventilation and physical strain that I don't want to end and turn into even a flat terrain. I don't feel it as suffering, but a salvation from the unpredictable and mentally exhausting downhill. What a change! Who would expect that happening? It is good every descent is becoming an ascent on the way back.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:39 pm

I made it a day without self harming :D

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:06 pm

I made it two days without self harming :D

Frame

Postby Frame » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:20 pm

I know what you mean about the pain, no-answer. Particularly in the cold, the knees feel it more and more on the down hills.

That's wonderful Lady. Day by day. Keep it up.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Aww thank you Frame :)
am trying yes!
But it urges to self harm, trying to stay strong though.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Told you I would do one every single day aha ;)

I have now gone 3 whole days without self harming!!! Today was tough as I had strong urges to self harm, but I kept distracted and didn't do it. So proud of myself to be honest :D

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:11 pm

Managed to get through today(New Years Eve) without my best friend and still in hospital. Also fought the urges of self harm too!
So now gone 4 days without self harming..

So so proud!!!! :D :D

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Been skyping my cousin today and also been 5 days without self harming now. So so proud of myself :D :D
Also got myself some counselling and also opening up to the duty nurse :)

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Woke up in a quite happy and smiley mood today yaaaaay!! :D
Been smiling for most of today, apart from this evening around 4ish...
But am watching a little tv and later skyping my cousin again.

It's been a quite a positive day :D :D

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Told you I would do it every single day aha ;)

Now gone a good 6 whole days without self harming! So proud :D

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Been smiling a lot more today...
Had a laugh with my cousin on Skype earlier on.
Thought of positive thoughts all day.
Accepting my depression and accepting all help.

Return to “Other/Miscellaneous Interests”