Waiting

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Frame

Waiting

Postby Frame » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:48 am

Waiting

for the fog to lift
To hear the word
To know which tree to climb

for the anger and frustration to subside
to sense which way is up
to know how to fall

to say yes
to know who to trust
to know faith

to stop dragging myself from one obligation to the next
to live for today
to be grateful for yesterday and the promise of tommorrow

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:15 pm

Hello Frame,
The last two lines of your poem are especially beautiful & insightful.

I also enjoyed the story about the monk, under your post 'There'. Gotta admit there was a humorous element to it! Couldn't help but laugh when I read the closing sentence! Though he would not not have found his lost treasure in the garden, he confined his search to a place of light. (I believe that in order to find answers in this life, we're sometimes forced to look outside the box)...Because he chose to look in the light, companions were in his midst. The monk truly DID 'find' his treasure; He didn't wrap his fingers around it in the garden. But with the aid of those who'd cared enough to inquire, he found that what he'd 'lost' was within him all the while.
And within the light.

Alaska1958

Postby Alaska1958 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:25 pm

I concur with 4Everme this is a very nice poem. So often do I let worry about the future drag me down. Then I get so depressed that I lock up mentally and can't deal with anything. No matter what I have to deal with, I'm not in danger of being homeless and everything else is survivable.

Has your sister found a place to live?

angel10

Postby angel10 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:00 am

Now, having said that; I have to add that we must convince ourselves we deserve good things in order to have them. And so you and I must both somehow convince ourselves we deserve to be happy. That I believe is a key ingredient.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:02 am

I think the another way to look at this poem is control angel10.

Waiting
for the anger and frustration to subside
to sense which way is up
to know how to fall

resonates with me.

Anger and Frustration come because I'm doing something that doesn't need doing or not doing something that needs doing. To know how to fall is the same as knowing how to swim ... and which way is up is simply floating.

I agree with 4EverMe, that the last two lines are the deepest ... because waiting is not the same as making/controlling.

CitM

Postby CitM » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:14 am

I too like this poem. It's very good. I hope you publish this in other places. I also like the interesting view of Churchill. I guess to everyone there is a season and when the season of the world matches the season to that person, one can change the world.

One failure to another? Often it is said, that man judges on a human scale, while those in heaven judge on a completely different scale all together. For those of you who feel on earth judged as a failure, in my opinion no one can have success in their life, or change the world, unless they are seen as a success by those who can give that kind of nod.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:21 am

Think that you've messed up?

Look at this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/21/magaz ... .html?_r=0

Return to “Expressions”