help please

Pictures you’d like to share with others. Also see the main Media Gallery.

Moderators: windsong, cj-, BlueGobi, Moderators, Frame

Obayan

help please

Postby Obayan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:07 am

I have a pic on my computer I would like to add as my avatar. However, it's too big. How do I make it smaller?

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:27 am

Hello there & welcome! How I did it was that I used Irfan View & resized it.

(I'm on a Windows computer, though. I'm not sure what it would be for Linux & Mac.)

Irfan view is freeware. http://irfanview.com/ The download link is on the right of the page or on the left in the section where it says Download.

After downloading, virus- + malware- scanning (optional), install it.

After installation, when it opens automatically, (if you left the options the same), hit O or File-->Open to bring up your pic.

Once you see your pic, go to Image-->Resize or simply hit Ctrl + R. Put in 100 in the width or height box under Set new size.

If you don't like it, you can always Undo it. Ctrl +Z or Edit--> Undo.

When you are done, hit S or go to File-->Save as. Select the type of pic format you want it to use. I believe I chose jpg/jpeg. Type in a name, hit save & you should have your new pic ready to put on here.

Hope this helps!

***Remember pics can only be 100 x 100 pixels & less than 15kb!

Edit: Alright. I just remembered: You can also use Paint to resize an image.

Open image. It may open with Windows Picture & Fax Viewer. Right click then hit edit. Picture will open in Paint. Go to Image then Attributes (or hit Ctrl + E), type in 100 in the boxes, where it says Width & Height. Hit okay. Go to File, then Save as. Name it & for file type, use jpeg. Put onto forum.

If 100 x 100 doesn't look right, fiddle with it! (100 x 75, etc.)

& with these instructions, there's nothing to download! Ya!
Last edited by crystalgaze on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Crystal

I'm not exactly digging myself out of the hole but creating a tunnel to get out another way. Throwing dirt from one end of the pit to the other isn't going to get me anywhere. Instead, I'll create my own path.

Return to “Picture Gallery”