First try at uploading pictures

Pictures you’d like to share with others. Also see the main Media Gallery.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Alaska1958

First try at uploading pictures

Postby Alaska1958 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:51 am

So, how does this work?

Guess I'll go see if I can find a faq.

Frame

Image Gallery

Postby Frame » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 am

I got it Alaska:

1. You need to register separately from the forum (but you can use the same ID and password). And then you have to wait for confirmation

2. Make sure the image is within the size limits. I have to resize all my images to be below the 1024 X 1024 pixel rule. No of my pictures is small enough to start with.

3. You have to fill in at least the Name field (put some tags in so you can search on them) and get the captcha code right.

4. Every time you fail the captcha code it deletes your image URL, so you have to go browse for it again (kind of a pain), but it leaves the rest of the fields filled in. I had a lot of trouble with the captcha code at first. But after a while you start to get familiar with what it the letters are. It's kind of consistent.

5. Oh and another thing, if you haven't found the UPLOAD button (then you won't see what I'm talking about) you need to be in a particular gallery to find the upload button. Pictures go to your lightbox, but you need to upload them in a particular gallery. At least, that's what I found.

Frame

Postby Frame » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:58 am

Hows it going Alaska? Any luck, progress, insight, vector neutral change,...

Alaska1958

Postby Alaska1958 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:19 am

Sounds like more trouble than I wanted to go to.
Thanks anyway.

I was hoping for something more like uploading a picture to Craigslist, zip, zip zip and it's done.

Frame

Postby Frame » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:42 am

I is a bit exacting.
And not nearly as many visitors as FB or Craigs List.
Still it helps tell your story.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:04 am

Dang it...
I'm wanting to send photos via cellphone.
How would I go about this, Frame?? Do you know, because I'm lost?
Ugh!

Frame

Postby Frame » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:36 am

OK 4Everme, first you have to do all five things I mentioned above. That's a pain with a cell phone, but first sign up.

Then, your file size is probably OK when you shoot from a cell phone, but just check how X how many pixels it is (It can't be more than 1024 wide X 1024 high). You can easily crop it on your phone if it's too big.

I think the tough part for me with a cell phone will be; finding the upload button (it's way over on the top right of the page) and getting the captcha code right. I imagine it's tough to see on a cell phone. But if your willing to try again and again to get the code right, you'll find it gets easier. You'll start to see how it forms the characters.

Just remember, you don't have to re-enter the title (or tags or description if you wish) fields. But every time you fail the captcha code, you have to select the image to load again.

I'll try it with my phone today to see how it works.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Thanx Frame. :-)

Return to “Picture Gallery”