The childlike mind

Poetry, short stories, paintings, photography, songs – art of all genres.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

helpinggoal

The childlike mind

Postby helpinggoal » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:50 pm

The childlike mind

For one with a childlike mind
every place is heaven

For the childlike person who
thinks a lot about parents
every place is a heaven

Our mind occasionally toggles between
noble and devilish. Still, everyone carries
the childlike mind dormant

If you spend each day with the
childlike mind you will see the
guidance of higher power with much ease

childlike mind you will find
every place as heaven

childlike mind you will get the
power of meditation with much ease

Your childlike mind will get you the calmness
after any chaos just like a child gets to laugh
just after it's crying

A child does not have real worries
Same is true for your childlike mind

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:31 pm

This is very interesting, you know.... because I have found it easier to take my mind off of depression, etc. when I appear absolutely silly....

when I give into my kiddish self.... It doesn't mean all my worries don't exist... It just means I manage it in a way that is less damaging to me....

Thank you for this thought.... I must nurture my kiddish self more.... & show it to the people who will not berate/tease me for it....

:)

helpinggoal

more on childlike mind

Postby helpinggoal » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:53 pm

It is not silly to have a childlike mind. In my experience most people welcome your childlike mind. It is something not displayed by everyone, though everyone has it dormant. For a child like everything is fascinating and everything is new learning as if we did when we were a child.

We are like a child to some higher power throughout our life, and just like a parent sometimes hides a toy (making the child cry) and then give it back (making the child laugh) the higher power sometimes makes us to get confused , but eventually makes us clear.

We can have immense peace and content just by the virtue of our childlike mind.

When we were a child, if we happened to see violence/unfavourable circumstances, we would have moved far away from the scene as quick as a possible with a tint of fear. Now for the childlike mind in the adult, we have an added wisdom of why violence/unfavourable circumstances exists in the world, and so the sense of fear is less.

We can go one step ahead teach non violence in our home, neighburhood etc, (by acting like a good rolemodel) and suggest people to turn any unfavourable situation to a favourable form in another way. For example, you learn life's purpose in a better way after you go through tough times.

Return to “Art Work”