Sleeping Girl Painting

Poetry, short stories, paintings, photography, songs – art of all genres.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

BaileeBlair

Sleeping Girl Painting

Postby BaileeBlair » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:15 am

Having insomnia is one of the most painful things ever. Having insomnia has taken a toll on every aspect of my life, my mood, my weight, depression, my health everything. Its unnerving to be wide awake for a solid 48 hours and still not feel tired but knowing that I'll crash in the middle of the day or get up in the morning with a splitting headache from lack of sleep. With insomnia, my life expectancy is fairly short, I'd like to think that when I die it'll be like climbing a staircase into an infinite space to a big comfy bed and falling asleep for good. This sort of segways into suicidal thoughts, but I really think that death is a peaceful experience.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPicQhijyc5 ... thepainter

Helloraspberries1

Re: Sleeping Girl Painting

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:02 pm

OMG that's so interesting. Didn't know Insomnia could do that to you.

How long you had it? Are you getting help for it? I can't imagine what it must be like.

Well Done for sharing your story

AnneW

Re: Sleeping Girl Painting

Postby AnneW » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:24 pm

I have insomnia too. It's devastating. Sometimes I'm envious when others can simply lay their heads down and fall into blissful, restful sleep.
Earplugs, facemasks, white noise, fans, cooling pads.....you name it!

Every night is the same. I've come to fear the torture of another night awake. I've struggled with this for 9 years and it certainly has taken its toll. There are things you can do. I've tried them all. I don't sleep well every night and I must take it day by day; wary about making any plans (especially early morn,) but I'm sleeping better! Better beats a blank!! If you would like , I would be willing to share what helps me. Maybe there's something that will help!!
Sending you positive energy and Best Wishes!

PS: LOVE the painting. You did that at night, didn't you........ :wink:

Return to “Art Work”