The Real Me's Writing Pt3

Poetry, short stories, paintings, photography, songs – art of all genres.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

TheRealMe

The Real Me's Writing Pt3

Postby TheRealMe » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:01 pm

“So what’s the history between you and Eric then Charlie?” said Lucy turning toward Charlie. The look Charlie gave her made Lucy think he wasn’t going to explain. “She needs to know” said Kyle, looking toward the rest of the group. “Okay so. I found Eric a few years ago, I was fourteen when I ran away from home, I didn’t understand what was going on with me and when I found Eric he explained everything to me and I decided to help him” said Charlie. “Help him do what exactly” asked Lucy. “Are you going to shut up so I can finish or what” Said Charlie with a somewhat reminiscent look in his eye. Lucy looked at Charlie and nodded, signalling him to continue with the story.

“Okay so where was I? Oh that’s right I decided to help him find others who were like us and yeah for the first year or so everything went fine we found twenty or so others that were like us and helped explain to them what was going on, you know with their gifts and all. Anyway as I was saying everything was fine for the first year until everything changed. I wasn’t sure what he was doing at first until I saw him in the graveyard next to the motel we had been staying in. At first I figured he knew someone buried here, It wasn’t until I saw the Purple light coming up from the grave that I finally realized what he was doing. He was stealing the powers from the body of a dead Fey King, at first I thought it was just part of the job you know? Until he did it again in the next town we went to, and the next and the next. He carried on stealing powers from dead supes for six months. At that point I decided enough was enough, so while he was sleeping i gathered my things and left. I told the council what he’d been doing and they’ve been hunting him down ever since”.

As Charlie finished telling his story Lucy noticed he had tears in his eyes. “Wait you said he was stealing their powers? How does that even work? Wait, what is Eric’s gift exactly?” asked Lucy. It was James this time who answered her question. “Oh he’s a necromancer” said James. “Oh for Christ sake, we are screwed, you know that right, because there is no way we are going to be able to stop a necromancer, who’s been stealing powers from other supes for what the past two and a half years? We might as well make a run for it and see how far we get. I mean I don’t know about you guys but I don’t fancy having some old dude sucking my gift out of me, because let’s face it that shits got to hurt.” said Lucy.

“No we can’t run, it’s time to put an end to this, we can’t let Eric keep doing what he’s been doing it’s not right.” exclaimed Charlie. ”Okay so what is the plan then Charlie?” asked Jessie.”I’m not sure yet but we’re going to need help.”Said Charlie, “then I’d say it’s a good thing were in a school for ‘special’ kids wouldn’t you?” said James with a somewhat satisfied look on his face.

Lucy was surprised at how many of the kids at the school were prepared to fight Eric. Tony had even managed to get the other three elementals that were at the school to help them.

As they were sitting around the common room waiting for the others to get back Lucy took in the appearance of the other elementals. There was Jack, he had a spiky blue mohawk, blue eyes, and Lucy would have guessed his height at around 6’5. His element was Air. Then there was Corey, she had shoulder length blonde hair and blue eyes, she was tall for a girl and Lucy figured she must have been around 6’2. Her element was Water. The last person in Tonys elemental group was Kiara, she had long candy floss pink hair and eyes that were green as emeralds. Apparently elementals weren’t made small, and like Corey Kiara must have been around 6’3. Her element was earth.

The next person to arrive back at the common room was Jessie, she had brought with her Amber and Lucius. Looking at the two newcomers Lucy figured they had to be twins. They both had Jet black hair, green eyes and apart from the height difference between Ambers 5’5 and Lucius 6’0 there were not many other differences between the two. Lucy was hardly surprised when Jessie told her that they both had the ability to teleport.

After about an hour James and Charlie walked through the common room door, James looked to the guy on his left and introduced him as Silvan. Lucy had felt what she thought was a cold breeze drift over her, it was as Silvan took a seat close to where she was sitting that she felt the breeze again and realized it was Silvan, before she had time to blink Silvan produced a single white orchid from behind his back and passed it to Lucy. “A white orchid? They don’t grow around here.” She said to Silvan with a confused look on her face. “Oh I know which is a shame I mean they are a beautiful flower after all.” Was his reply. “So then where did you get it from?” Lucy asked. “I didn’t get it from anywhere, not in the way that you think anyway, materialization is one of my gifts, I can conjure things from out of nothing.” He said. “Well that must come in useful, wait you said it was one of your gifts? Does that mean you have others?” She asked.

“Well I have two gifted parents so I guess I inherited both of their gifts. The ability to materialize was my mother’s gift, my father is a pathfinder.”He replied. Lucy had noticed the look in his eye when he mentioned his mother, she wondered what had happened to her but wasn’t going to ask. “What is a pathfinder exactly?” she asked. “A pathfinder is the name given to the ability to find anyone or anything anywhere on the planet.” He replied.” Awesome” was the only reply Lucy could think of.

Return to “Art Work”