Pie

Poetry, short stories, paintings, photography, songs – art of all genres.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Frame

Pie

Postby Frame » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:08 am

Don't forget to breath; breeaath...
And pie; there's always pie; a great evolutionary step forward.
And gratitude...there wasn't always pie ya know.

Frame

Postby Frame » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:11 am

I submit this in place of a very sad Haiku I was writing on my way to work.
It was inexplicably lost, in black web hole. Good ridence.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Haha! You and your pie, Frame. I knew that when I read the list of things most recently submitted, and I saw the word, Pie? Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who wrote it. :)

So, what kinds of pie do you like? I prefer chocolate cream pie, pecan pie, cheese cake pies, (haha) cherry pie w/vanilla icecream, hot apple pie w/vanilla icecream. And it's morning...Brain-fart. Hmm...Am I growing hungry? I've also tried icecream pies that include bits of candy bar. These are awesome. But I'm partial to chocolate cream pie.

I would've liked to have read the haiku you wrote. If you say, "Good riddence," I'll have to just take your word for it. Are you still reading mine?

Frame

Postby Frame » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Yes, 4Ever, I'm reading and liking. I got a strawberry rhubarb pie this morning. My Mom used to grow both in the garden.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:54 pm

I'm glad you're liking, Frame. Haha. :) My mom also made a strawberry rhubarb pie, not that I could forget! We had a garden at a couple of our homes, but rhubarb wasn't one of the things planted. She went to the store and bought fresh rhubarb one day, (I was around 9-10) and when she brought it home and laid it out, we kids weren't very hopeful the pie would turn out great! My mom warned us kids that rhubarb is poisonous if eaten raw, so not to touch it. (not that we desired to) It doesn't look too palatable! However, when the pie was baking, and our house was filled with it's sweet aroma? We children were in hungry attack-mode. Haha...like pit-bulls on bloody, raw steak! The pie turned out great, and with vanilla icecream a la mode. Today, I can say that I'll never again turn my nose up to rhubarb.

... I'm maybe TOO often partial to chocolate creme pie! Wow. Salivating! Thanks a lot Frame! Heehee

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:01 pm

P.S. I guess the next best thing I DO have are Reese's peanut butter cups. Have a few of those. Just hafta hunt em down, Framester.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Okay, Frame. This is just too funny. I was seeking the peanut butter cups, and decided to peak into my freezer... What did I discover? Kid you not-- one of those single slice pies in a box! I don't have to tell you that it's coffee and pie, for breakfast. Haha.

The dollar store here is pretty great. It carries a lot of brand-name overstock from other stores. One thing they sell is: Edward's Singles- Chocolate Creme pie, made with Hersheys. It's made with a chocolate graham cracker crust overlaid with vanilla icecream. Atop that, is a thick layer of rich chocolate creme, drizzled w/Hershey's chocolate syrup and shavings, and a few dollups of whipped cream to finish it off. Sound nice? It IS, and I'm almost finished w/it. It only takes a small slice, due to its decadent richness. Now that I'm thru talking like a commercial, you get it!

Return to “Art Work”