Threads of disconnected fireworks

Poetry, short stories, paintings, photography, songs – art of all genres.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Frame

Threads of disconnected fireworks

Postby Frame » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:53 am

Help myself; I can't help myself
I exist helping others
A major mental

Disconnect is what
my life is in summer time
or any old time

Just like loud fire works
the fourth or the first or the
eve or the end of

the rest of our day
or the year or our lives or
I've lost the thread

But what I have said
I'm sure it was important
or maybe not so

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:02 pm

What you said IS important, Frame. I've read posts you have written where you've explained how helping others proves rewarding to you also. But you must not neglect yourself...

Could it be that when you're feeling powerless of your own life, that you reconcile it by offering advice that may empower the lives of others? In this way, you'd atleast have some exertion of 'control' at your dispense to ease a person's suffering--even if it's not your own. Maybe 'control' is not the right word. But when we feel powerless to stop the downward spiral of our own lives, this WOULD result in a feeling of helplessness! Often times, it's not just the stressful events in our lives that are debilitating. Our inability to even change them! A frightening lack of answers! Fear of the unknown-- walking blindly through the darkness; These are often just as threatening as the problems themselves. Sometimes, worse. I've found there are times when I unwittingly give advice to someone that would help in MY situation!

Return to “Art Work”