My Mind, the Leaf:

Poetry, short stories, paintings, photography, songs – art of all genres.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Search

My Mind, the Leaf:

Postby Search » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:35 am

My Mind, the Leaf:

Under a cast shadow here I sit, unable to process my way.
I plod from one day to the next, unaware of neither date nor time.
Information comes rapidly, but nothing sticks. Problematic and invasive, is the noise.
No room to breathe, except the line in which I stand, that brings a shiver down my spine.
No space to move but where I shuffle, sidestep and or sit.

Breathing deeply as I walk from street to street; wondering where I should be.
Beep Beep goes my reminder, or so I think ... yet another appointment missed!

Suddenly in the car and off I go. How I get from one stop to the another I never know.
Traffic lights begin to fade, as does the noise and smell.
Still without perception of time I wind the window down, then something suddenly clicks.

No more static, no more concentrated breathing; just miles of space in which to stretch.
My blood begins to flow and taste buds come to life.
My mind that once refused to open, now unfolds like a leaf.

By Me
Dave.

How I feel ... and it feels like such a "relief" when it clicks. :wink:

Morning Light L Plate Dave
Last edited by Search on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Search

Postby Search » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:45 pm

I don't really know much about poetry and or writing to be honest. I have had a bit of a squiz here and there about the internet. I have been on a lot of forums and attempted some blogs, so in that regard I may have learned a little about expression.

I am just saying so, as I think its just as important to write exactly what comes to mind, other than trying to sit an polish every word. I would like to perhaps come up with some very polished stuff ... but can't say how much more important it is, to simply just say how it is that you feel, as it comes to mind.

Of course going back over ones words, can be an opportunity to see how we may be kidding ourselves. Perhaps how naive we really are ...

Even just then a word pops out of my head I am unsure about ... some words are often used the wrong way ... As one who is into unlearning the things we have become, I would much prefer to be in the presence of a naive individual rather than some educated one.

I'll leave it at ... as then one can begin to think too much ... little doses for now. I like Nature because no matter how much you take in, it's not as likely to weigh you down, as too much thinking!

Return to “Art Work”