A collection of writing

Poetry, short stories, paintings, photography, songs – art of all genres.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Edvard

A collection of writing

Postby Edvard » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Thinking, it's not a crime

Is it madness, possibly.
Is it comforting, yes.
To lose yourself in someone from a distance is the hopeless romantics conundrum

It's both elation and sorrow like the sunrise following sunset
A continual cycle that will be forever more and as evolution predicts we adapt to it

To sit here and say things within the confines of this page is my own possession and my own confession
I will not repent and I would gladly suffer the fate of a heretic as the death by love is a death more noble than that by war or religion.

Darkness and its allure to create and inspire

A dimly lit room makes it hard for the eyes to distinguish any sharp detail apart from the loose shape of two figures in close proximity to each other. Her slender frame highlighted softly as shadows fall across her face which in turn masks his but the contact between them communicates far deeper and clearer than words at this moment in time. His fingers snake through her hair at the back of her neck as he holds her close and her touch glides over his back like silk draped on steel.
Their embrace inevitably gets closer like two planets locked in a dance of gravity, pulling themselves into each other until they collide, a slow collision of lips upon lips that makes everything around them silent and the only sound is the heavy bass of their hearts like industrial triphammers.

Eyes dialated and kiss passionate they hold each other for as long as possible because in the darkness dreams are left to run wild.......

A universal divide

Looking up to the sky in the early hours of the morn the silence urges one to think deep and long. The stars feel so similar to us, the closeness and the guarantee that you'll be there the next night without fail.

Even if I can't see you I know you're there, just me and you. That cool April warmth making us feel connected and the stillness of everything makes the focus on you even more easier.

And with that concentrated focus comes the realisation that you're a million miles away and the notion of ''Being within arms reach'' is merely an illusion.

The definition of frustration

When the strands in your head melt and become like an indestructible line of variable thickness that binds your limbs to body, fastens your eyes together and wires your mouth shut.......That is frustration.

You're so like a rose

Surrounded by thorns
With petals covered in innocence like the first one born
The realisation comes with the warmth of the dawn
That you are the rose in my mind of thorns

Edvard.

fallen

Postby fallen » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:10 am

just wanted to say thanks that was beautiful there was more substance in your short writtings than in alot of the books i have ever read

Edvard

Postby Edvard » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Thank you very much for your kind words Fallen. They are appreciated.

Regards

Edvard

Return to “Art Work”