A good step..... I hope

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Fourdave

A good step..... I hope

Postby Fourdave » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:39 pm

today I went WAY out of my comfort zone, I was scared, shaking and had to really work on my breathing. but i did it, I went up to Chicago to take a test for a state job, may not sound like much, but I was no way as prepared as i like, so I had to do a lot on the fly, get to the metra rail station, figure out what zone i needed to be at and buy ticket, even ask a stranger what time the next train was, rode the 1 hour up there, and did not freak out every time the train stopped thinking i was missing my stop, and once up there my GPS wouldn't get a signal so i had to ask anther stranger directions and got there that way. really worked hard on not getting overstressed on everything and actually pulled off an "A" on the test, got all the way home with only "minor" anxiety attacks through out the day, what a relief, maybe the meds are actually starting to work :o

hope I posted this in the right place but just wanted to say how proud of myself I am, this was a huge deal, I feel like I was able to keep all the bad stuff under control for the first time in a long time

Dave

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi Dave! Yes, you are right to be proud! GOOD JOB! :D

A great BIG YAY! for you! :D

Keep it up & if you have a slip up, don't beat yourself up.

Your adventure is inspirational. Thank you!

I also wanted to add that I'm very very happy for you.

Fourdave

Postby Fourdave » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:58 pm

thank you crystal
yesterday was a good day, this morning i found out just how tense I really was yesterday, I hurt so bad all over, every muscle felt like it was screaming. but it was worth it :) the pain slowly subsided as the day went on, still feel it in my chest, but not bad. so we have to take the good with the bad i guess. anyway thanks again

Dave

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:39 am

I'm glad you talked about being tense. The same thing happened to me today after a day of running some errands yesterday, but I couldn't figure out why.

If you hadn't said it, I might have panicked & wondered what was wrong with me, so thanks for the heads up about it. :)

Ah.... I gotta get back to yoga..... Well, I'm going to make a try for it next week to do laundry (oh, there's lots of it) + clean/rearrange my space for it. It's going to be a bit strenuous, but I'm going to give it a go. I just hope my stomach will give me a break this week.... It really exhausts me when I'm sick like that.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:00 am

Fourdave.... Dave.... How are you?

Fourdave

Postby Fourdave » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:39 pm

just trying to keep my head above water. been rough but as usual I just keep pressing on

thanks for thinking og me

Dave

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:48 am

Okay. :) It's good to know you're still there & you're doing your best.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”