Suicide attempt (?)

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Amarthereus

Suicide attempt (?)

Postby Amarthereus » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:34 pm

So i might've attempted a suicide but not sure what to call it... you see, Nothing actually happened, like i didn't die or anything.. does it count as an attempt?

Spleefy

Re: Suicide attempt (?)

Postby Spleefy » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi Amarthereus,

Yes, it is an attempt.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention gives this definition:

“A suicide attempt is when someone harms themselves with the intent to end their life, but they do not die as a result of their actions.”

This is in contrast to a completed suicide.

If you need to talk, please reach out to someone on here or your family and friends. You may also want to call a depression hotline, hospital or emergency if you ever get the urge to self-harm. I'm not sure where you are, but Google will provide you with a lot of information on suicide and where you can reach out for help.

Please take care of yourself. There are ALWAYS other options to suicide. And please talk to someone, even if you don't have the urge to self-harm. Don't leave it too late.

I will keep you in my thoughts and my prayers, Amarthereus.

samuelsjessica50

Postby samuelsjessica50 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:18 pm

I understand. Lately all I think about is dying. I know that I have no purpose and everyday I listen to the people I have left in my life tell me what a piece of crap I am and how useless I am. This weighs so heavy on me and I find myself planning my death on a daily basis. I've had some success with deep and health threatening cuts in the past so I believe when my limit is met I'll be capable of doing it for real.

samuelsjessica50

Postby samuelsjessica50 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:56 pm

I find myself wishing for death frequently. As I lay in bed depressed and emotional ly defeated next to my fiance I die a little more inside. He treats me pretty bad but I know deep inside I deserve it. I know that I am not worthy of love or life but I cant successfully kill myself. I don't know what to do anymore. I cry myself to sleep almost every night and I know he hears and sees me but he ignores it like he doesn't know it's happening or he will call me stupid. Please tell me how to do it right so I don't have to suffer any more. My kids father passed away recently and I miss him so much. I want to be with him so I can feel real love and care again.

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:18 pm

Amarthereus wrote:So i might've attempted a suicide but not sure what to call it... you see, Nothing actually happened, like i didn't die or anything.. does it count as an attempt?

A suicide attempt can be anything that you do with the intention of killing yourself. It varies in light things to extreme things. But i wouldnt recommend you do anything harmful to yourself. It wont do anything but put you in danger.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”