So, what now?

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Samcas

So, what now?

Postby Samcas » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:16 pm

So I'd been depressed for 6 years when I finally started to get back on track. During, and after, the depression i get the feeling my heart is surrounded by a brick wall that blocks any emotions. I always act like I'm happy, which I am not really, but I am also not sad. Its like I am in a faux-state of happy where nothing really gets to you any more, you just care less. I am not saying I'm not happy with where I am now, comparing to a few years ago, I have made tremendous steps and I am proud of that. But for a few years now I am just living my life without a goal or a purpose to aim at. I just live my life and I'll see what's ahead. It's like (almost) everything just isn't important. This gives me a hollow lonesome feel. What do I do?

growingrace

Re: So, what now?

Postby growingrace » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:02 pm

have you thought of volunteering your time to something you might be interested in? I keep an agenda and make daily goals.. things that I think of but never try to do :) it gives me daily purpose, and I love the journey. let me know if you try it ;)

lovetodance2018

Postby lovetodance2018 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:06 pm

I am glad to hear you are doing better from your depression. As you know it takes time to get better and you sound like you are making progress. I agree with growingingrace. I have found that volunteering encourages me and helping others makes me feel good. I also found this article that will be helpful about how helping others help's you. (https://bit.ly/2JeZvl3) Also, finding things you like to do will help you find more joy in your life. My faith has helped me know that I am not alone and my joy comes from Him. I can't do it on my own. Are you going to counseling? It is helpful to share your thoughts with others and find strategies into enjoying life. This group provides counseling services. (https://bit.ly/2DS3v7S) Please keep us updated on how you are feeling. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

lovetodance2018

Postby lovetodance2018 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:11 pm

How are you doing this week? You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:12 am

go out and see the world... sometimes hitting the road helps us see where we really want to go... cheer up!

RustyTavern

Postby RustyTavern » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:31 am

Samcas wrote:So I'd been depressed for 6 years when I finally started to get back on track. During, and after, the depression i get the feeling my heart is surrounded by a brick wall that blocks any emotions. I always act like I'm happy, which I am not really, but I am also not sad. Its like I am in a faux-state of happy where nothing really gets to you any more, you just care less. I am not saying I'm not happy with where I am now, comparing to a few years ago, I have made tremendous steps and I am proud of that. But for a few years now I am just living my life without a goal or a purpose to aim at. I just live my life and I'll see what's ahead. It's like (almost) everything just isn't important. This gives me a hollow lonesome feel. What do I do?

Get a hobby. Become quality at your job though it sounds like you don't have a job in which case enjoy that you're living off someone else. Get that hobby.

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:34 pm

Samcas wrote:So I'd been depressed for 6 years when I finally started to get back on track. During, and after, the depression i get the feeling my heart is surrounded by a brick wall that blocks any emotions. I always act like I'm happy, which I am not really, but I am also not sad. Its like I am in a faux-state of happy where nothing really gets to you any more, you just care less. I am not saying I'm not happy with where I am now, comparing to a few years ago, I have made tremendous steps and I am proud of that. But for a few years now I am just living my life without a goal or a purpose to aim at. I just live my life and I'll see what's ahead. It's like (almost) everything just isn't important. This gives me a hollow lonesome feel. What do I do?

You should meditate and really contemplate what you what out of life. Then make the choices you need to make, and focus on achieving your objectives.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”